Irritated with a capital IšŸ˜”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirbyfan34

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
So in a down moment at work yesterday I was scrolling through Facebook and see that the most recent Living Set cards are ending soon on Topps.com. the two featured were Amir Garrett and Kirby Puckett. So naturally I want the Puckett. Go though the process of filling out the forms and selecting the card and payment and all of that. For 20 minutes I'm trying to do this but each time I hit suit it comes back with my phone number in red,so I'm thinking I made a mistake. Eventually I decided to check to see if the charge went through my cc. Yep sure did 10 times. Call capital one to say hey I only wanted 1 not ten and am told because it's pending nothing can be done, maybe call topps. So I do that 30 minutes on hold to be told basically the same thing. Look today and I have no charges, and no card. Btw the Puckett was only available until noon yesterday. Thus is bull$#@!

Discover card handles things the same way. If it's pending, there's nothing they can do.

Too bad about you missing out on that card. Hopefully you'll be able to find one at a somewhat reasonable price on eBay, or somewhere else.

Discover card handles things the same way. If it's pending, there's nothing they can do.

Too bad about you missing out on that card. Hopefully you'll be able to find one at a somewhat reasonable price on eBay, or somewhere else.
Yeah I get the handling of the credit card end of it, but it was more irritating dealing with topps as I'm trying to explain the issue as to why it took ten times, and then the card got charged but there was no actual transaction that took place. And even though the lady I talked too worked at topps, I felt like she wasn't understanding and there wasn't even a let me see what I can do for you to see if we can get this to you. But alas, there are 3500 available so hopefully I can get one.

It's a good thing you checked your credit card. I haven't dealt with Topps, but I understand your frustration. It seems like some days I spend half the day trying to connect to customer service.