I've spent a year watching this card...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Some of those S/S cards were lousy. That happened to my Dr. Mike Marshall glove card too! Fortunately it has not gotten that bad. Yours kinda looks like Blurry Smudgefield now instead of Gary Sheffield!

As a player collector why would I get rid of them? I know their the original autographs... some people don't collect for fun anymore or what?

As a player collector why would I get rid of them? I know their the original autographs... some people don't collect for fun anymore or what?

LOL.....with all of the "How much do you think this is worth" posts I have seen, TJ - you just made me laugh!:)

Tim

LOL.....with all of the "How much do you think this is worth" posts I have seen, TJ - you just made me laugh!:)

Tim

I love the value of a card, and I like the value of my collection to go up but this doesn't really have anything to do with that... I'm only talking about the auto on the card and the fact of having it...not the value. I said nothing about the value.

Things like this make me glad the Tino Martinez one I pulled is in great shape. Still have it for some reason, maybe just because he always killed the tribe back in the day.

I think we all have a hope that our collections will hold a nice resale value, if we ever needed it later on. Even the most diehard player collectors probably hope to see some value later on for them or their family, even if the collecting is mostly for the fun and challenge now. Nobody will continue on with a collection the way the original collector does with maybe a few exceptions.

I know the money I have spent building my Garvey collection does not equal the market value currently. Perhaps someday, they will be closer. Perhaps not.

Probably not. :D But... Blurry Smudgefield! That was great!

If you are a person who still dreams of getting 100% of the cards made of your player, this card is a must!

I think we all have a hope that our collections will hold a nice resale value, if we ever needed it later on. Even the most diehard player collectors probably hope to see some value later on for them or their family, even if the collecting is mostly for the fun and challenge now. Nobody will continue on with a collection the way the original collector does with maybe a few exceptions.

I know the money I have spent building my Garvey collection does not equal the market value currently. Perhaps someday, they will be closer. Perhaps not.

I feel you. The resale on my Sheffield during the baseball season is about $10,000 if I sold it individually. The bv is $17,000. It all depends on what you have and what people want

As long as you like it. It's what collecting is all about, liking what you collect.