MrMopar's REVIVED Annual Christmas Giveaway Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK folks, sorry for the delay. Work had me going right to the end and I guess this will really be a Happy New Year give away, especially with the slow mail deliveries we are seeing. The contest is now closed to new entries, as of this past Wednesday. I will tally the contestants into the 3 categories, run a randomizer and announce the winners in the coming day or so.

This turned out a little lopsided, but I guess that is a good thing we have so many long term, active members.

HOF group (100+) - 67 entries
Veteran entries (20-99) - 9 entries
Rookie entries (< 20) - 2 entries
IMG_8150.jpg

I'll get the numbered entered and randomized shortly. Good luck to all!

I don't know how to record to broadcast this type of thing, so everyone is just going to have to trust me on this. I will start with the rookie award. It's a 50/50 chance, so for this one I am going to do an online coin flip, best of 7 like the World Series. rockinyou was the first to enter, so I will flip the coin to see what side they are...then I will start the best of 7 flip.

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 3.25.25 PM.png

rockinyou is tails, thefiberlab is heads and here we go...

Flip 1 goes to thefiberlab 1-0
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 3.26.40 PM.png

Flip 2 goes to rockinyou 1-1

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 3.27.46 PM.png

Flip 3 goes to rockinyou 2-1

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 3.28.37 PM.png

Flip 4 goes to rockinyou 3-1

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 3.30.34 PM.png

Flip 4 goes to thefiberlab 2-3

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 3.31.58 PM.png

Flip 6 goes to rockinyou 4-2

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 3.32.47 PM.png

rockinyou is the winner of the Rookie level prize! Congrats! Please message me a few areas of collecting interest (teams , players, sports). Remember that I am not an active buyer of wax/sets/etc (I buy for my PC mostly), so most of my stuff is going to be pre 2000s.

Next will be the Veteran level prize, 1:9 chance. I am going to use a dice roller with (9) 9-sided dice. I will set it to roll 5 times, showing the last roll only. The person with the most of their number showing will be the winner. In the event of a tie, I will roll again until there is a clear winner. The order is from the hard written sheet i showed earlier, with Cornwallfamily "A" being 1 and twinjim8791 "I" being 9, with everyone else in between having their letter correspond to the number equal to that alphabet letter (A=1, B=2, C=3...I=9).

And here we go!

Roll 1

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 3.53.49 PM.png

6 is the clear winner with 3 spots, so the winner of the Veteran slot is Dave Gman23. Congrats! Please send me your choices (sports, teams, players) and I'll do my best to personalize your prize.

I have an engagement now, so I am going to figure out a good way to award the HOF prize level and return later tonight or tomorrow for that award. Stay tuned and good luck to all of our fine HOF members. The odds are a bit steeper, 1:67 chance!

Next will be the Veteran level prize, 1:9 chance. I am going to use a dice roller with (9) 9-sided dice. I will set it to roll 5 times, showing the last roll only. The person with the most of their number showing will be the winner. In the event of a tie, I will roll again until there is a clear winner. The order is from the hard written sheet i showed earlier, with Cornwallfamily "A" being 1 and twinjim8791 "I" being 9, with everyone else in between having their letter correspond to the number equal to that alphabet letter (A=1, B=2, C=3...I=9).

And here we go!

Roll 1

View attachment 5461

6 is the clear winner with 3 spots, so the winner of the Veteran slot is Dave Gman23. Congrats! Please send me your choices (sports, teams, players) and I'll do my best to personalize your prize.
Just sent thanks again!

Last prize level was the HOF member level. This was, overwhelmingly, the most responsive group. 67 entries from this category. Perhaps that is just a realistic snapshot of the member population that participates on the site. It would make sense that most people who spend any amount of time here have been around a while and make sure of the site.

That being said, I went with a random number generator that creates a chart. The numbers are organized in random order, based on what you enter. In this case, 67 numbers, minimum of 1, max of 67 with no repeating. When I create the chart it will list 67 numbers in random order.

View attachment 5494

I may regret this, just because of the time it takes, but I have decided to offer 3 prizes from this category. This lessens the odds a bit to about a 1:22 shot at winning. Still the toughest odds, but I also hope that the newer members will strive to become HOF members eventually. These sites are only as good as the contributions of the members and they can always use new content and participation.

So, here we go....congrats to all you HOFers!

View attachment 5495

...are the three winners. Based on the original numbering sheet I shared, that means the follosing members have won:

50- redbird4
7 - daktion
33 - teammaddux

Congrats to you three. I'll message each of you, but if you see this in the meantime, send me your name, address and a list of collecting interests I can choose from to try to personalize your prize package. Keep in mind that I have been out of the active buying game since the late 90s/early 00s. Sports, teams and players will be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.