My First REAL Issue With An Ebay Buyer **Cases Closed**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

After filing all 44 non paying bidder claims, a question popped into my head. Can the bidder leave me 44 negative feedbacks out of spite? I know they have 4 days to respond/pay before I can request a FVF credit. Can they leave them before and/or after?

Thanks
Craig

Yes, it could happen. Hopefully the guy just gets the boot before he can. NPBs do could against you and it's 3 strikes, your out. Not sure if 3 strikes from the same person does it though. If everyone he sold to did it, he's be smoke in no time.

After filing all 44 non paying bidder claims, a question popped into my head. Can the bidder leave me 44 negative feedbacks out of spite? I know they have 4 days to respond/pay before I can request a FVF credit. Can they leave them before and/or after?

Thanks
Craig

He could very well leave you the Negative Feedback, but if he doesn't respond the NPB, his feedback will automatically be removed. Hopefully, he'll be kicked off before he gets ballsy and starts leaving the neg feedback.

He is from the UK, He meant that there are some decent people outside the US who pay for their things. It was not a slam.

Before I was forced to accept paypal I shipped all over the world with no problems. It's not a matter of being "decent", it's a matter of self preservation.

But KUDDOS to you for being bold enought to publicly state your holier than thou, arrogant, high horse, finger waggin' opinion. Figuring out a way to insult 99% of your fellow benchies in one simple, concise sentence deserves high praise indeed !

He could very well leave you the Negative Feedback, but if he doesn't respond the NPB, his feedback will automatically be removed. Hopefully, he'll be kicked off before he gets ballsy and starts leaving the neg feedback.

That is nuts. So the buyer requests that I cancel the first payment for 16 auctions and obviously has no intentions of paying for the other 28 auctions and he can leave me negative feedback? What am I missing? If he does, do I stand a chance on eBay removing them?

Thanks
Craig

That is nuts. So the buyer requests that I cancel the first payment for 16 auctions and obviously has no intentions of paying for the other 28 auctions and he can leave me negative feedback? What am I missing? If he does, do I stand a chance on eBay removing them?

Thanks
Craig

He very well could. But if he's a man and sticks to his request, you should have nothing to worry about.

eBay has many rules in place to protect bidders, but few to protect sellers.

So after I file all 44 non paying bidder claims, this is the message I get from the bidder...

"Hi, ebay said I should contact you. They asked me to contact all the sellers on behalf of my dad. They said to ask the sellers if they are willing to wait to complete the deals until my dad is well enough to use ebay again, or cancel the transactions, not open an unpaid item dispute. It's not his fault that he had a stroke, don't make it worse by filing disputes please. My dad
has you written down as a decent person, don't be like one of those people ebay said I might have to deal with, a greedy person. They said by
cancelling it's no harm no foul, they even instructed me to ask all the sellers to cancel any pending payments, but I saw that you and my dad already discussed the previous cards he paid for with a check and that he knew it put through his account already. If my dad was here he'd pay you, I would send you money if I was able to use his bank. Please don't make this a bad experience for him. Kevin"

This was my response...

You asked me to cancel the payment and I did. It's out of my hands now. Opening an unpaid item dispute is the only way to get the fees I was charged credited back to my account. You said, and I quote "Personally, I would just cancel the transactions and the eCheck". I just did exactly as you asked. I really don't know what more you want from me. I would hardly consider myself a greedy person by doing this. I'm selling my collection because my wife and I are expecting our first child. I hope your father gets better soon.

Thank you
Craig

I noticed someone has already left him a positive feedback that says "transaction canceled at buyers request". Do you think he is just trying not to get the boot or what?

Thanks
Craig

So after I file all 44 non paying bidder claims, this is the message I get from the bidder...

"Hi, ebay said I should contact you. They asked me to contact all the sellers on behalf of my dad. They said to ask the sellers if they are willing to wait to complete the deals until my dad is well enough to use ebay again, or cancel the transactions, not open an unpaid item dispute. It's not his fault that he had a stroke, don't make it worse by filing disputes please. My dad
has you written down as a decent person, don't be like one of those people ebay said I might have to deal with, a greedy person. They said by
cancelling it's no harm no foul, they even instructed me to ask all the sellers to cancel any pending payments, but I saw that you and my dad already discussed the previous cards he paid for with a check and that he knew it put through his account already. If my dad was here he'd pay you, I would send you money if I was able to use his bank. Please don't make this a bad experience for him. Kevin"

This was my response...

You asked me to cancel the payment and I did. It's out of my hands now. Opening an unpaid item dispute is the only way to get the fees I was charged credited back to my account. You said, and I quote "Personally, I would just cancel the transactions and the eCheck". I just did exactly as you asked. I really don't know what more you want from me. I would hardly consider myself a greedy person by doing this. I'm selling my collection because my wife and I are expecting our first child. I hope your father gets better soon.

Thank you
Craig

I noticed someone has already left him a positive feedback that says "transaction canceled at buyers request". Do you think he is just trying not to get the boot or what?

Thanks
Craig

What a mess. You're going the right route Craig in my opinion so just ride the wave out and it should be okay. Why should you have to pay fees on those auctions, that is absurd!

I really doubt Ebay told him he was going to have to deal with greedy people:rolleyes:

You've done everything that I would have done. Personally, I don't believe the story, but I've heard enough "excuses" over the years to not believe any story told to me. ;)

Jason

Matt & Jason,

Thanks. I just don't get it. I mean, I do exactly what the guy asks and it still isn't good enough. Buying is much easier...

Thanks
Craig

Highly unlikely.

If his dad is really "gone" and not able to pay, he would not be able to leave feedback either. It will be his son doing it and based on that response, it sounds like you could run into "spite problems" with him...IF that is even the truth as well.

Keep those NPB alerts and watch this guy disappear. If he negs you, it happens, but it won't be the end of the world.

"Hi, ebay said I should contact you. They asked me to contact all the sellers on behalf of my dad. They said to ask the sellers if they are willing to wait to complete the deals until my dad is well enough to use ebay again, or cancel the transactions, not open an unpaid item dispute. My dad
cancelling it's no harm no foul, they even instructed me to ask all the sellers to cancel any pending payments Kevin"

I'm pretty sure that all feedback from a buyer in one week only counts as one point. So if you sold to him in three different weeks it could only be a total of three points if he left all negative.
From ebay feedback page:
If the sales occurred in the same week

Sellers: We’ll raise or lower the seller’s Feedback score by a total of one point, based on the total number of positives and negatives left by the buyer.

If the seller receives more negatives than positives from the same buyer in the same week, the seller's Feedback score is lowered by one point.

If the seller receives more positives than negatives from the same buyer in the same week, the seller's Feedback score is raised by one point.

If a seller receives the same number of negatives and positives from the same buyer in the same week, the seller's Feedback score does not change.

Last edited:
Sorry to butt in here Craig i just need to address mintman and then ill leave the thread alone

Seriously you should do some checking before you get on ya high horse and start trying to say things. I am English and roud and my record on ebay stands at over 4500 positives and goodness knows how many actual transactions as i deal with the same people a lot

My point is that some of us pay the shipping etc and no have no issues. Its a shame how one bad egg spoils it all

Shame Mintman as im sure we have made a trade in the past

Iain

ian/mintman - please no more ... points have been made -

loyalty - even if you get 44 negatives, people will see that they are all from one person and that there must''ve been an isolated issue .... I had a 100% feedback until one buyer from Mexico (I got scammed - imo) left me 5 negatives - he didnt even give me a chance to rectify the situation, than after he was refunded he still wouldnt retract his feedback ... that no good, dirty .....

After doing alot of digging, I found this on eBay's about feedback page...

"The fine print
Only registered members can leave Feedback. Buyers must wait at least 7 days before leaving a negative or neutral Feedback for a PowerSeller who has been registered on eBay for at least 12 months.

In some situations, we can remove Feedback.

When a member is suspended, eBay will remove any neutral or negative Feedback left by that member. eBay will also remove Feedback left by a buyer when the buyer has an unpaid item recorded for that transaction."

That does mean if the buyer does indeed leave me negative feedback, eBay will remove it since I have already filed a non paying bidder claim right? I guess I could be reading it wrong. I am on my last hour of a 15 hour shift, lol.

Thanks
Craig

I am all for the money order. I like it a hell of a lot better. You get the MO and then send the card. If the bum doesn't have the money at least you don't lose the cards. You know every ones says I did sell to him because he has a good record as a buyer on e-bay. That could change in a heart beat and you become the vitcim of his actions. MO all the way for me. If that is the case this guy would not be in a bind period. But e-bay is dictacting to most of it's sellers how to do business. That is total BS as far as I am concerned. You have to pay to list and a precentage of the sale also. But that is not enough for them. You need to do it paypal for there fees also. They are to blame also for not allowing you to sell the way you want. I had my rant thank you all.

WOW! Check out the latest response!!

1st...

You opened up unpaid items against my dad
yesterday knowing his check had cleared his bank?
Okay, you want to be like this and make my dad
feel worse? CANCEL the previous paypal payment
NOW! I do not want you sending him anything, you
are a greedy douc**bag. I'm contacting paypal now
to have them prevent any payment going to you if
you don't cancel, also I'm contacting ebay again
to let them know you're being a jerk. They were
the ones who told me to tell you to cancel, but
you'd rather be a major jerk instead. Heartless
bas**rd, when my dad sees what you did he'll
probably have another stroke. One hour from now
I'm contacting ebay and reporting you, plus if you
don't cancel everything and the paypal, I'm
leaving you NEGATIVE comments for being a *****.
You tried to screw my dad over, you've screwed
yourself, jerk. Remember 1pm EST it all goes
downhill for you, d***head.

2nd...

By the way greedy jerk, you still get credit for
your final value fee when you cancel, read the info
before you try to give someone a bad name, dum**ss.

WOW! Can I report this to eBay? Will they care?

Thanks
Craig

I took out a few letter and added the**

Last edited: