National Pickups & 2 TTm's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Finally got everything together after my trip to the national last weekend, got a lot more stuff than I remembered!!! Maybe that is why my wallet has been light all week.

Here is the phtographic rundown of what I picked up:

First, three Puckett rookies (the Topps were $4/each) and a GU Bat/Auto #'d to 84:

22564[/ATTACH]"]2a0i5g1.jpg

Next, a nice grouping of Puckett cards:

22566[/ATTACH]"]29dxt14.jpg

And another nice selection of Pucketts:

22568[/ATTACH]"]2h4bakz.jpg

Crazy Puckett magazine insert from France. Front is English, back is in French. Ran out of cash, or would have bought the 4 player sheet it was initially on which included McGwire:

22570[/ATTACH]"]8wcht5.jpg

Final Puckett pickup, nothing special, just a nice plaque, but for $5, couldn't pass it up:

22572[/ATTACH]"]zlc5mo.jpg

Finally, some nice Carolina hoops pickups: A hansbrough auto, hansbrough/griffin GU, a danny green auto and a hansbrough #'d to 199

22574[/ATTACH]"]jpzkb7.jpg

Now the TTM's

First, former Indians third baseman Al Rosen, signed 3/3, didn't keep any as offered, again, back in around two to three weeks:

22576[/ATTACH]"]uuerk.jpg

And finally...former Tigers pitcher Ted Gray, signed 1/2 and kept one, back in around two to three weeks:

22578[/ATTACH]"]10p82l1.jpg

That is it for now...thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• 2a0i5g1.jpg
    2a0i5g1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 29dxt14.jpg
    29dxt14.jpg
  • 2h4bakz.jpg
    2h4bakz.jpg
  • 8wcht5.jpg
    8wcht5.jpg
  • zlc5mo.jpg
    zlc5mo.jpg
  • jpzkb7.jpg
    jpzkb7.jpg
  • uuerk.jpg
    uuerk.jpg
  • 10p82l1.jpg
    10p82l1.jpg
Nice Puckett's! I didn't have time to look for any Puckett's while I was there. In the 2nd picture, top row, 2nd from left, what card is that?

I'm jealous of the French Puckett. If I saw you with it at the show, I might have tackled you for it and ran off with it :D

Benson - PM sent regarding the Puckett NewSport (English/French) insert.

The card you ask about is from the 1993 Cardtoons set, featuring Kirby Plunkit of the Minnesota Thins, it is a non licensed card, but had never seen it before and it amused me. I didn't run into anyone selling large amounts of Puckett cards until late in the day, they were all in Aisles 100 - 600 and I started the show at the back in the 2100's, hence the reason I was out of cash as I got back to the front.

Wow very nice I was there Thursday and Friday. That was a huge place. Tried to cover everything just couldn't. nice pick ups good for you.