Need advice on TTM's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

You can pretty much tell who signs by joining SCN. The info is very acurate.
I address the envelopes by hand but my request letter is typed. I think it is easier for the athlete to read. I use a small envelope inside a larger envelope, no toploaders or sleeves. If the athlete lives in my state I throw in a scratch off lottery ticket as a thanks.

I agree that SCN is like the brain of TTM knowledge, even if you just get the free membership. I feel that over time I will buy the subscription, but that will be once I use up those I find by other means.:p

There is very good advice here!

One thing to keep in mind ... if you are sending out newer cards (within the past 10 or so years ... especially the Chrome-ish cards) is to rub them down ahead of time. If not they will come back to you smeared and looking awful.

I usually rub the cards down with an eraser but some use baby powder. I've tried both and they both seem to work with similar results. Both can be somewhat messy but baby powder gives you that oh so fresh baby bottom smell.

Good luck!!
mort-

Thanks mort. I have been sending out stuff like 87-89 Topps, 90 Donruss, 91 Fleer. Cards i think might take an auto on them. I did get my first back already from Dave Stieb but unfortunately it was a RTS. I have about 20 more ready to go sometime this week with about 20 already sent out so maybe.

Does anybody know of an address for these players?

Jose Rijo, Tom Browning, Eric Davis

Thanks,
Dennis
________
VAPORIZERS

Last edited:
Thanks mort. I have been sending out stuff like 87-89 Topps, 90 Donruss, 91 Fleer. Cards i think might take an auto on them. I did get my first back already from Dave Stieb but unfortunately it was a RTS. I have about 20 more ready to go sometime this week with about 20 already sent out so maybe.

Does anybody know of an address for these players?

Jose Rijo, Tom Browning, Eric Davis

Thanks,
Dennis
Have plenty of those cards that aren't worth much (anything?). That's why I started the 83 Fleer project. Tons of 83 Fleer and no reason to just send them out for TTM requests.

I'm almost certain Rijo is residing in the Dominican (native country). Last season Browning was a pitching coach for Billings. And I don't think Davis signs TTM -- swore I saw his name recently in an upcoming signing.

Jose Rijo
c/o Washington Nationals He's 0/34 signing, don't waste your time!

Tom Browning
c/o Billings Mustangs P.O. Box 1553 Billings MT 59103 10/49

Eric Davis
5334 Collingwood Cir Calabasas, CA 91302-3137 or c/o Reds 5/41

Last edited:
Looks like you've got the bug, Dennis. Knowing your collecting habbits, you have to start a set now :D

Good Luck!
- Britt