need some feedback on this card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I think its this card and not TCMA:

1977-84 Galasso Glossy Greats #41 Roberto Clemente

Check Galasso Greats on Ebay.

Brian

Yeah, the set is recognized as being issued by Renata Galasso, though TCMA actually did the printing. And for the record, they are not any more glossy than your average 1981 Fleer card.

honestly i dont know why ive bid on that card, and frankly the next day i was glad someone over bid me. but i wouldnt ever spend the 3 bucks at comc for it. so i will pass on this card just to many things add up to be a smelly fish.
thanks for the feedback everyone

dave

The set is great, for what it is, a collectors issue. Kinda of a cool retro style, similar to the 60 Leaf cards. I came across a bunch as a kid and still have many of the originals I had then, today, along with mint sets. I remember taking white-out and covering the copyright date of 1977 on the back, thinking they would appear older (I didn't do this to be dishonest or malicious, I was maybe 10 at the time..that is how we collected in the earliest days..laminating cards, cutting off borders, whiting out reprint and years on back to make the cards seem older)

They would either sell them through their catalog or give them out as freebies with purchases.