New Beckett Beta Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosierBuddy

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Okay. I'm writing this, because quite frankly, I'm tired of reading half-a-dozen posts everyday about how hard it is to use the new Beckett website, and how much the new Beckett website sucks. SO. I'm going to lock this thread. If you have any useful additions, please PM me. If you have any questions, please PM me.

I am NOT a Beckett expert. I will try to help as many people as I can. Most of this is just taking the time to learn the new website, and to accept the many glitches and problems that a new website bring along with it.

New!!! CJ found a link to the Beckett FAQ's! Always a good place to start looking for answers! Thanks, CJ!

AND! Jaxbraves found and provided this link to some help question threads on the Beckett Forums.

How do I look up my favorite player's cards?

This is easy. After you log into your account, you'll see a "start your search" bar. Type your player's name into the bar and hit enter. And there ya go!

How do I add my favorite player's cards to a collection?

After you type in your favorite player's name, you'll see several things. For example, I type in Mike Schmidt. Now, I see a plus-sign, PLAYER ... Mike Schmidt. I also see four Schmidt-exclusive sets (Ted Williams, and the three Biography versions) and then a list of his individual cards, starting oddly enough, with a couple magazines and then his 1972 Puerto Rican sticker.

Now, you can go through and individually add cards to your collections by clicking on the + next to each card, or you can click the + next to PLAYER and add them ALL.

Now, after clicking a +, a box will appear that says "Added xxxx item(x) to organize." You can choose to go to Organize right away, where you can move your cards to whatever collection you wish, or you can continue adding new cards to Organize.

What happens in Organize?

Organize is, in reality, your Recently Added folder. If you click on "My Organize" in the upper right-hand corner, you'll be viewing your Recently Added folder. From this folder, you can move cards to various collections. Just click the box next to the card listing (just like the Old Beckett) and then click Action. Now, you can add the selected cards to an existing collection, add them to a new collection, remove them from Recently Added, or move them to Trash (not really recommended ... this will also delete them from your other collections...)

After moving your selected cards to whatever collection, I do recommend removing them from Recently Added. Otherwise, you'll wind up with waaaaaaaaaaay too many cards in that folder.

(Note: This has been one of the glitchy things so far. I managed to delete a large number of cards from Recently Added, but it sometimes doesn't work. Just keep trying...)

How do I search by year?

I helped a member with this problem; he was trying to find 1983 Cal Ripken cards. Now, you can add everything, as I mentioned above, and just select the 1983 cards, or, you can follow these steps.

1) Search for Cal Ripken.
2) On the left-hand side of the page, you'll see a list of things to narrow your search. Click "baseball."
3) Click "modern"
4) Click "1980's" and then "1983"

Unfortunately, there's currently no way to do a mass-add of cards to your collections by year. You'll have to go through and individually enter cards if you want to use this method.

How do I find information on card shows?
Once you bring up the Beckett site and select Media on the initial page (with the spokes and wheels view). Scroll down to the bottom of the page and on the bottom right hand side you'll see a link that says "Show Calendar". It brings you to the same interface that we are used to using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.