No More First Class?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackatl

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I apologize if a thread has already been started about this, but I went to the post office to mail a package today, and there was no more first class. There was only something called Ground Advantage that was around $1-$2 more expensive. Anyone else experience this?

I went earlier today. She said it was same price but it is insured for $100. Didn't really understand. Thanks Billy
I was told the exact same thing. The package I mailed out was the same price as it was last week but now it is insured for 100.00. And the name changed from first class to ground advantage. There was no change in the price from last week to this week. But stamps did increase. Not sure how much but I would imagine it is not a lot.

This is from USA Today:

Forever Stamps will increase from 63 cents to 66 cents
A 1-ounce letter will increase from 63 cents to 66 cents
A 1-ounce metered letter will increase from 60 cents to 63 cents
Domestic postcards will increase from 48 cents to 51 cents
A 1-ounce letter mailed to another country will increase from $1.45 to $1.50
Postcards mailed to another country will increase from $1.45 to $1.50

USPS costs going down with Ground Advantage program
The Postal Service's new Ground Advantage plan starts Sunday, July 9 and will replace previous plans, such as Ground Returns, Retail Ground, First-Class Package, Parcel Select Ground and First Class Package Return. Here's what the changes mean for you:

Free package pickup service at homes or offices
Tracking is included
$100 insurance included, with $5,000 more available to purchase
Packages ship in 2 to 5 business days
More than 3% cheaper for retail customers and about 1% cheaper on commercial prices

Just mailed two bubble envelopes using the USPS advta.....it was about the same price as before only it had Insurance up to $100.00,,,,This is great for my Sat contest....now I don't have to buy insurance!! Best regards, David