No Strasburg in A&G after all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm starting to wonder if the people who said they didn't pull any from 25 cases actually did pull some, put the word out that they didn't knowing it would run the price thru the roof...or maybe it's just Beckett/Topps hype again...odd either way.

I'm starting to wonder if the people who said they didn't pull any from 25 cases actually did pull some, put the word out that they didn't knowing it would run the price thru the roof...or maybe it's just Beckett/Topps hype again...odd either way.

Man, I tell you what........that idea's pretty genius! Send collectors scampering, then put one or two on three with decent BIN's. Make some serious coin - quick!

Tim

How can his A&G card have a RC logo when minis are inserts and inserts aren't considered RCs according to the RC rules made in 2006?

Last edited:
How can his A&G card have a RC logo when minis are inserts and inserts aren't considered RCs according to the RC rules made in 2006?

Beckett article said they wouldn't have the RC logo, but the scans I've seen and the people who say they hit one and put up scans sure do have it.

Maybe that went out the door since Topps got the exclusive this year.

I've got a feeling that the Strasburg mini was a late addition to the product. Therefore, they had already produced several cases of A&G before adding it to the print run. This would explain how someone could get their order of 25 cases and not get a single one. The same thing happened with Prestige football this year, when after all of the early case breaks not a single Suh or Berry autograph had been pulled. Just my theory.

I've got a feeling that the Strasburg mini was a late addition to the product. Therefore, they had already produced several cases of A&G before adding it to the print run. This would explain how someone could get their order of 25 cases and not get a single one. The same thing happened with Prestige football this year, when after all of the early case breaks not a single Suh or Berry autograph had been pulled. Just my theory.

I agree. People are wondering if the stores that get their cases from distributors rather than from Topps directly are out of luck for the Strasburg windfall. I can see this getting real ugly for all parties.

Update off of the Beckett site (by Chris Olds):

"Despite a few dealers’ large volume of cases opened without finding one, Topps announced on Thursday that the Stephen Strasburg mini card in this year’s Allen & Ginter baseball card set is not a short-print.

“Stephen Strasburg’s Allen & Ginter base mini card (No. 401) falls at the same rate as any one base mini card in the product,” read a company statement. ” The difference between Strasburg and the other subjects in the base mini set is that Strasburg’s card does not have any parallels (Allen & Ginter Back, Black Bordered, No Number,Bazooka Back, Silk, Wood and Printing Plate).”

Topps also confirmed that, unlike 2010 Bowman, Strasburg’s autographed cards can be found in retail packs. Because of Strasburg’s late inclusion, his autographed card is a redemption."

Tim

My head is spinning reading this thread.

Take me back to 1975 where Robin Yount was seeded with the rest of the singles! Aye yi yi.

Update off of the Beckett site (by Chris Olds):

"Despite a few dealers’ large volume of cases opened without finding one, Topps announced on Thursday that the Stephen Strasburg mini card in this year’s Allen & Ginter baseball card set is not a short-print.

“Stephen Strasburg’s Allen & Ginter base mini card (No. 401) falls at the same rate as any one base mini card in the product,” read a company statement. ” The difference between Strasburg and the other subjects in the base mini set is that Strasburg’s card does not have any parallels (Allen & Ginter Back, Black Bordered, No Number,Bazooka Back, Silk, Wood and Printing Plate).”

Topps also confirmed that, unlike 2010 Bowman, Strasburg’s autographed cards can be found in retail packs. Because of Strasburg’s late inclusion, his autographed card is a redemption."

Tim

I'm going to have to throw the BS Flag on this one!
5 yard penalty for Topps!