Old Retired Player Address Request Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need any addy for ryan howard besides c/o Phillies

If someone is a super mega start like Howard just count on shelling out some bucks for a certified auto. VERY FEW superstars have time to answer fan mail. I would say if you have to pay more than $20 for a certified there is a good chance they won't sign TTM. Plus the Phillies suck overall for TTM autos.

Fleming is a good signer.
Fassero I traded for.
Belcher I have never tried. Let me know how it goes.

Belccher is a great signer. I got him several times, but at a diff. address. I got him last May here:
Spring Street / Sparta, OH 43350 (yes, no house number)

I am honestly surprised you would ask me this question, what are the odds I would have the home address of a superstar and that they would sign, if they do not through their team.

Ben

I was surprised also... I was going to give him my address so that I could get some free Ryan Howard cards :) lol, kidding of course :)

Anyone have Ryan Howard's home address? I tried him c/o Phillies with no luck.

Sorry guys, had to do it.

What! Ryan is a great signer! I have gotten him many times through his home in Philly. He always exchanges my card for a 3 x 5 postcard with his name on it. Looks like those auto's on all the 2007 Topps base cards.

Side note, I am so excited! A card shop opened up in Springfield and I am going to it tomorrow! Yipee!

Ben

What! Ryan is a great signer! I have gotten him many times through his home in Philly. He always exchanges my card for a 3 x 5 postcard with his name on it. Looks like those auto's on all the 2007 Topps base cards.

Side note, I am so excited! A card shop opened up in Springfield and I am going to it tomorrow! Yipee!

Ben

LOL

OK, I am going to end the Ryan Howard saga... if anyone else posts asking for his home address, they should be banned from this thread, lol.
(BTW I do have that pre-print Ryan Howard card someplace, lol)

And congrats on the new shop. I wish there was a shop around here that sells cards. There is 1 shop, but being from a country city, the shop only sells NASCAR junk... with a few boxes of non-NASCAR. Oh well... I always hit up the shops when I go and visit the parental units in Pittsburgh...

Keeping on thread... anyone know the whereabouts of Denny Neagle?

LOL

OK, I am going to end the Ryan Howard saga... if anyone else posts asking for his home address, they should be banned from this thread, lol.
(BTW I do have that pre-print Ryan Howard card someplace, lol)

And congrats on the new shop. I wish there was a shop around here that sells cards. There is 1 shop, but being from a country city, the shop only sells NASCAR junk... with a few boxes of non-NASCAR. Oh well... I always hit up the shops when I go and visit the parental units in Pittsburgh...

Keeping on thread... anyone know the whereabouts of Denny Neagle?

I could have sworn someone asked about him on this thread. I do not know.

Also as a side note, I am working on a Topps '52 auto spreadsheet. Just with the guy's card number and where they are signing through if they sign. When I get a decent number entered in, I would be more than happy to share with anyone doing the set. Saves a lot of time instead of doing SCN every time.

Gonna even include a team address for the minor leaguers.

Ben

I could have sworn someone asked about him on this thread. I do not know.

Also as a side note, I am working on a Topps '52 auto spreadsheet. Just with the guy's card number and where they are signing through if they sign. When I get a decent number entered in, I would be more than happy to share with anyone doing the set. Saves a lot of time instead of doing SCN every time.

Gonna even include a team address for the minor leaguers.

Ben

Sounds like a good idea... only bad thing is minor league players change teams more then I change my... uhhh... socks... so if you plan on staying current on the minor leaguers... would be a great idea... otherwise, might be good just to have a column if they are good signers c/o Spring Trainging and a column for if they are good signers c/o regular season (be it major or minor league). Just my suggestions. I have about 60 of them from Spring training and a few trade/in person. I just sent out about 10 or so just this last week to some others, including one to a SP from the set (Soto) :)

PS if you need a excel sheet with all the cards in the set, the card # and the player name, and also a Book Value (as of last month), email me at [email protected] and I can send you one started already :)

Sounds like a good idea... only bad thing is minor league players change teams more then I change my... uhhh... socks... so if you plan on staying current on the minor leaguers... would be a great idea... otherwise, might be good just to have a column if they are good signers c/o Spring Trainging and a column for if they are good signers c/o regular season (be it major or minor league). Just my suggestions. I have about 60 of them from Spring training and a few trade/in person. I just sent out about 10 or so just this last week to some others, including one to a SP from the set (Soto) :)

PS if you need a excel sheet with all the cards in the set, the card # and the player name, and also a Book Value (as of last month), email me at [email protected] and I can send you one started already :)

Yea your right, I would definitely try to keep it up to date but it could become difficult as more players get added.

Are you trying to get the inserts signed too? Some of those DF's would look really really nice signed by stars. Also the Dymatic Duo's would be cool signed.

I am going to send you a email, many thanks for the list. I haven't sent any out yet. Already have a complete base set 1-275 and have about 300 more base cards incoming.I prefer sending out at least 2 cards to have one for me and 1 to trade.

Ben

Last edited:
Yea your right, I would definitely try to keep it up to date but it could become difficult as more players get added.

Are you trying to get the inserts signed too? Some of those DF's would look really really nice signed by stars. Also the Dymatic Duo's would be cool signed.

I am going to send you a email, many thanks for the list. I haven't sent any out yet. Already have a complete base set 1-275 and have about 300 more base cards incoming.I prefer sending out at least 2 cards to have one for me and 1 to trade.

Ben

Yeah Im the same way. I send out 2-3 of the Topps 52 to use some as trade bait. Some players only sign 1 and keep the other, but oh well :) The flashback cards I am not even trying. As cool as it would be to have them signed, the players just arent that obtainable. As far as the Duos go, I am trying to get some of them signed. Got 2 signed so far (one on each card). I think getting both players to sign the same card is going to be a pain, but who knows?!

After buying 6+ boxes of the stuff, and also buying a couple larger lots of base, I probably have 6-10 of each card. The SPs are kind of toughies, but almost have 1 of each, and 2 of most which I am using for auto hunting. Only have a couple signed so far. Hate risking the SPs as they book high.

Oh well, you should have mail with my main coudment. Let me know if you need it converted!
Thanks
Obed

Yeah Im the same way. I send out 2-3 of the Topps 52 to use some as trade bait. Some players only sign 1 and keep the other, but oh well :) The flashback cards I am not even trying. As cool as it would be to have them signed, the players just arent that obtainable. As far as the Duos go, I am trying to get some of them signed. Got 2 signed so far (one on each card). I think getting both players to sign the same card is going to be a pain, but who knows?!

After buying 6+ boxes of the stuff, and also buying a couple larger lots of base, I probably have 6-10 of each card. The SPs are kind of toughies, but almost have 1 of each, and 2 of most which I am using for auto hunting. Only have a couple signed so far. Hate risking the SPs as they book high.

Oh well, you should have mail with my main coudment. Let me know if you need it converted!
Thanks
Obed

Got the email, thanks!

Wow,6 to 10 of each base card! That is a ton!

You are right on the sp's, they are too valuable for me to send out. I figure, work on the base set and whenever I can't get any farther on that try the short prints.

This is a great set in general, nice on card auto's with some decent players and some bigger guys. I think we could see a Topps '53 set next year, but the Topps 52 set has always been one of my favorite Topps designs. I would love to try to do the original set but I think its a bit big for my budget :).

Ben

Got the email, thanks!

Wow,6 to 10 of each base card! That is a ton! I assume you are sending out 2 or 3 and then just sending more if the others are not returned,right?

You are right on the sp's, they are too valuable for me to send out. I figure, work on the base set and whenever I can't get any farther on that try the short prints.

This is a great set in general, nice on card auto's with some decent players and some bigger guys. I think we could see a Topps '53 set next year, but the Topps 52 set has always been one of my favorite Topps designs. I would love to try to do the original set but I think its a bit big for my budget :).

Ben

The 52 Topps set is a classic design, and I think thats what attracted me most to the set. Right now, I generally send 3 of the Topps 52s and a differeent card to players if I have one. If I dont have a different card, I send 3 of the Topps 52s. If they dont sign for me this year and I see they are signing for other people on SCN. I will send again, otherwise I am just going to wait until next Spring Training. This spring training was fruitful for some... as Kuo (not going to attempt his 1st name(s)), and Ryan Zimmerman were signing (I got Zim, not Kuo), and I heard that some even got Prince Fielder and Jered Weaver). Oh well.. I am approaching this task nonchalantley and getting whatever I get... my main goals are my All-Stars and Buccos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors