Old Retired Player Address Request Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 52 Topps set is a classic design, and I think thats what attracted me most to the set. Right now, I generally send 3 of the Topps 52s and a differeent card to players if I have one. If I dont have a different card, I send 3 of the Topps 52s. If they dont sign for me this year and I see they are signing for other people on SCN. I will send again, otherwise I am just going to wait until next Spring Training. This spring training was fruitful for some... as Kuo (not going to attempt his 1st name(s)), and Ryan Zimmerman were signing (I got Zim, not Kuo), and I heard that some even got Prince Fielder and Jered Weaver). Oh well.. I am approaching this task nonchalantley and getting whatever I get... my main goals are my All-Stars and Buccos :)

Also, I am sure you have sent to player's more than once. I already got 2 cards signed by Rich Hill and I feel kinda bad making him sign for me again. Is it ok to do this? Of course I am not selling them but I just would wonder if he would recognize my name or address.

Also you have an amazing collection as you already know. Having 800 auto's of one team is down right crazy. For a team that isn't the best, you a sure a die hard fan.

Ben

Also, I am sure you have sent to player's more than once. I already got 2 cards signed by Rich Hill and I feel kinda bad making him sign for me again. Is it ok to do this? Of course I am not selling them but I just would wonder if he would recognize my name or address.

Also you have an amazing collection as you already know. Having 800 auto's of one team is down right crazy. For a team that isn't the best, you a sure a die hard fan.

Ben

Thanks for the compliments... My Pirates collection is my pride and joy, and I have done tons of research to find obscure minor leaguers form the past and others.

Before I met my current fiancee and soon to be wife (in 2 weeks!), I was sending out on average, 2000 requests a year (yeah, 2k! Thats about $1500 alone in stamps!). I was going thru a lot of stamps, but loved the hobby. I have since slowed down (to about 50 a month), but have amassed (6) 3200 count boxes full of signed cards. Some players I have 50+ autographs of, just cause they are Pirates and the majority are different cards. I do not feel it is wrong to ask a player for additional autos. I personally would rather have 50 signed cards of, say Don Robinson, than 50 unsigned cards. They are for my PC, and if I trade them, I am getting cards I need in return, and if I sell any, that means more money for stamps! :)

The rule I typically go by is I wait 6 months before resending a player. I do not want to overload the player with requests and want others to get a crack at them. I feel 6 months is plenty of time, especially for them to forget a name like OBED :) Some times I do send quicker, but rare occassions. I do believe most players dont even read their mail. They get a letter with cards in it, sign the cards, return them, and circle bin the rest. Just my thoughts.

BTW Rich hill is a good one to get more than one of signed :) I got him in Spring Training and am pleased. He is going to be a star someday IMO!

Anyone have former Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodger catcher, Joe Pignatano's addy? I need a 1961 Topps card signed that hasn't arrived yet for tomorrow's Brooklyn Cyclones game where he will appear.

Todd MacCulloch

anybody know if he is still alive?
i know he cant sign ttm, but i atleast wanted to send him a get well card. im not sure what he is ill with, i just know in the 99-00/00-01 seasons his health got so worse that he couldnt even grip a basketball, more less play.

if anybody can help id appreciate it..

ty

Kevin-Alan

ok great thnx mr mort!!!!!

glad to see he is alive !!

my other two for the day are

morlon greenwood(does he sign per team?)

and same for jake westbrook?( i dont even know what team he is on, i just know he is a christian)

ty in advance!

Kevin-Alan

Morlon:No
Jake:Yes through the Indians

Ben

Have anything for Chris Tritle, Christian Parker, or Juan Pena? They are all baseball players.

Thanks,
Casey

Have anything for Chris Tritle, Christian Parker, or Juan Pena? They are all baseball players.

Thanks,
Casey

Casey,

You could try...

Christian Parker
10101 Mesa Arriba NE
Albequerque, NM 87111

Nothing for the other two.

Happy Collecting,
Jim

Casey,

You could try...

Christian Parker
10101 Mesa Arriba NE
Albequerque, NM 87111

Nothing for the other two.

Happy Collecting,
Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the address. I thought someone might have something for Parker since he was around a little longer than the other two. I need it for the 2002 Topps Heritage set I've just started. I'll keep everyone posted on whether it works or not.

Thanks again!
Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.