One of my most favorite IP days to date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellis Shoe

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Hey guys, I had the opportunity today to go to a luncheon at the MBraves stadium where Mr Phil Niekro was the special guest. It was one of the coolest things I have ever gone to. He is hilarious with his stories and it was touching when he talked about his relationship with Joe. I took several cards and was really only hoping to finish off my two duals. Boy was happy when he finished and then asked if I had anymore! lol Not sure that any are getting traded right now as I am still enjoying them. Here are the scans:

WIA131.jpg

Awesome stuff I had hoped to get that same brothers dual in the past but obviously Joe has been gone a little while now

Those are terrific successes! Phil is a funny guy, as was his brother, Joe. I remember listening to the game Joe hit his only MLB home run. Ironically it was off Phil. Yes, it was a knuckler. There was a picture of Phil in the paper the next day. Joe was rounding second behind him, and Phil had his head down, but you could tell he had a big smile on his face. I sure loved watching both of those guys pitch.