Opening series last run contest (3 winners!) Mets and Braves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loftheb

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
Well, being that you can never have too many contests going on, I'm going to throw another one out there. I've done this before, but usually for playoff series.

This contest covers the opening 2012 series between the Atlanta Braves and New York Mets at Citi Field. The games are Thursday, April 5, Saturday, April 7 and Sunday, April 8. All times are 12:05 Central time starts.

How to win:
If you guess the player to score the final run in any of the 3 games, you win the corresponding prize.

Prizes:
Game 1: A complete team set of a team of your choice from 2012 Topps series 1
Game 2: 2011 Bowman Chrome David Wright Blue Refractor #123/150
Game 3: 2008 Sweet Spot Sweet Swatches dual GU Chipper Jones/Ryan Zimmerman jerseys

BONUS: (see rules below) 2010 Brian McCann Bowman printing plate 1/1

Rules:
1. Every person can guess one player from either the Braves or the Mets. Once that player is taken, no one else can choose him. Check out who has been taken already (I will try to update this post with players selected). If you select a player already gone, your guess is void.
2. No editing of posts.
3. If the player you selected scores the final run in the game, you win the prize for that game. The last run scored does not have to be by a player on the winning team.
4. It is possible for the same player to score the final run in two or even all three of the games of the series. In that case, the member who picked that player will win multiple prizes.
5. If all 50 Mets and Braves are not selected, then it would also be possible for a player that was not selected by any member to score the final run. In this case, no one wins the prize for that given day.
6. All picks must be in by 11:00 AM CST on Thursday, April 5.
BONUS: Along with your player, guess the final score of the game. If your player selected scores the final run, and if you correctly get the final score (both teams, and who won), you will also win the Brian McCann printing plate. This is only available for one player, so if two people end up correctly guessing the score and having the player that scored the final run, only the first winner will get a prize.

Example:
Your guess should look like this:

Ron Gant, 6-5 Braves

So, if Ron Gant scores the final run in the 2nd game of the series, I would win the David Wright blue refractor. Also, if the Braves then win that game by a score of 6-5, I would win the Brian McCann printing plate.

Good luck to all, and let's enjoy some baseball!
-Casey

Players taken:

Braves:
Jason Heyward (DaSoxFan)
Freddie Freeman (mrknicks)
Michael Bourn (cmcjr99)
Dan Uggla (grapler135s)
Brian McCann (Mike)
Martin Prado (mm1sub)
Tyler Pastornicky (Tennelson55)

Mets:
Ike Davis (katester44)
David Wright (redsguy)
Ruben Tejada (metsman1986)
Jason Bay (CubsFan1313)
Justin Turner (bonzomoretti)
Josh Thole (Scobes)
Andres Torres (criollos)
Lucas Duda (jscatman)

Invalid picks:
dadandsonscards - Freeman was already selected and updated on this list.
David K - Hate do do it to you, buddy - you're always so generous with your contests - but David Wright was taken in post #6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.