Panini Jersey/Patch concerns?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chavezforprez

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Saw this the other day and snagged a pic. Is this only basketball, or do all cards by Panini have this ridiculous statement? Seems pointless to collect a players GU cards if it isn't actually theirs? Your thoughts?

Billy

Panini BS.jpg

That is strange, especially the fact that "player" is listed in the disclaimer. I understand that some cards in the past had items that a player had actually worn, maybe not in a game, which became controversial enough. But that statement makes it sound like Panini buys random t shirts and cuts them up to put in cards! Strange.

Blessings,

Kevin

About 15-20 years ago didn't Upper Deck have a problem with GU cards not actually being game used? I know I'm in the minority when it comes to believing the GU cards from any company are the real deal.

That is strange, especially the fact that "player" is listed in the disclaimer. I understand that some cards in the past had items that a player had actually worn, maybe not in a game, which became controversial enough. But that statement makes it sound like Panini buys random t shirts and cuts them up to put in cards! Strange.

Blessings,

Kevin
My thoughts exactly. Are they using generic jerseys cutting them up and then random placement?

About 15-20 years ago didn't Upper Deck have a problem with GU cards not actually being game used? I know I'm in the minority when it comes to believing the GU cards from any company are the real deal.
I believe they did. I am cautious of some game used, especially the old HOF players. Are there really that many old jerseys around to keep making their GU cards?

Probably the legal department made them put this on the cards..........Lawyers being lawyers.........

I'm sure they did. Probably had some phone calls or emails about how legitimate the cards are.

I've seen it worded to where it could mean that without saying it exactly. And in 1999, Collectors Edge put out those Game Gear cards that (to my knowledge) were never even said to be memorabilia from anything. They just had a goofy little piece of a football stuck on em. (I've got a bunch if anyone is looking for them haha). The only memorabilia cards I really like are the ones that name the date of the game and state that it was in fact used by that player in that game. Extra points for the few sets that included a photo of the item. And rookie game used stuff is just ... sorry. Going a bit off topic and I'll end up jacking the thread if I start talking about my feelings on this stuff.
So. .... To answer your actual question in the original post, NO. Not all Panini cards have that phrasing. This is the first I've seen it.