Question: Collecting a player?

jdub19999

5.00 star(s)
This might be in the wrong section but I'm wondering if there is a program or website that keeps track of a general players collection. I see some peoples signatures as a certain player and what % they have completed. Do you add up that % and have a checklist or is there a program that can do that for you? Reason I ask is that I have a huge Mark Grace collection and I'm kinda curious how close I'm am to completing it. Thanks!

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
I use a microsft works database. Lets me sort any number of ways and when adding I just add the card at the end of the list and resort and card goes in it's proper place.

jdub19999

5.00 star(s)
Thanks for the help guys! Can you copy the Beckett list over to Excel or do you have to manually enter the cards in? I have a .pdf list but want to get more organized then that. Thanks in advance

sandman43103

4.90 star(s)
Thanks for the help guys! Can you copy the Beckett list over to Excel or do you have to manually enter the cards in? I have a .pdf list but want to get more organized then that. Thanks in advance

You can copy and paste directly into Excel, but the way the site is formatted, your data will show up on multiple rows.

I usually copy into notepad, delete all the useless header info, and use the "Find-Replace" feature to add tabs where needed and remove the "Buy Pricing" lines and such.

jdub19999

5.00 star(s)
Got most of it figured out. I'm gonna do an Excel spreadsheet. Should keep me entertained this weekend. What do most of you guys use for tabs. I have Year, Card Mfg, and Card #. Am I forgetting one? Thanks again

sandman43103

4.90 star(s)
I use:
Year
Brand
Card
Player
Team
Qty (If you collect multiples)
Type (base/Insert/Parallel/Jersey/Auto)
Serial