Question regarding framing jerseys!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdthakid36

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I feel like a "rookie" in the hobby for asking this. I only have one signed Nolan Ryan jersey, and I feel like the shadow box, or frame, is too small. The jersey was a gift from my parents several years ago, and I didn't get a shadow box for it until serveral months after. My uncle was going to build one, but I would still be waiting for it...and it's been like 4 years...

Anyway, I was hoping some collector's on here, who have a lot of experience and expertice in this field could give me some advice.

I have to fold the sleeves back for the Ryan jersey to fit. It's almost like the frame I have is for a basketball jersey or something. It's a nice frame, but I just haven't done the research on it. Is it common to fold the sleeves back and only showcase the main part?

Any suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated! I'm almost up and running in the "hobby shed"...I look forward to getting back out there and trading with all of you real soon!

Thanks again!

Josh

I'm no expert in this field but I do know most of the jerseys I've seen are folded with the sleeves back to cut down on the cost of the framing and room on the wall/display area.

I haved 3 Bradshaw game jerseys i need to get framed...they are different from the ones you buy as the sleeves for the shoulder pads are cut different...you wouldnt want to be wearing one of these around because the shoulders would stick up and look silly without the pads.

anyone know about how much it would cost to get these done and if there is anywhere online you could send them in to get framed? I'd rather have someone do it that knows what they are doing rather than letting a local guy do it if possible....dont need anyone experimenting on my Bradshaw jerseys.

The next signed jersey I want to add to my Ryan collection is a retro Astros jersey...the orange and yellow. Probably my favorite of all of them. I might have one by the time i'm 30. Two more years, i'm on the clock!

I have a Mattingly Jersey that is framed and i had it done professonaly and they also have the sleeves folded out of view

Cool. The Ryan Jersey has been stashed away for over a year...so it just looked different. Ryan was a big boy...It's better to have the sleeves folded, becuase that shed isn't very generous in terms of size. Don't get me wrong, it's got more space than I originally thought, but I just have so much stuff! I haven't moved all my memorabilia out there yet. The doctor said to rest the back or it won't get better...and my memorabilia is in the attic...it can wait another week or two. But, i'm so antsy!!! I just want to have it finished so I can get back to work on my collection. Reading threads on the boards just makes me more anxious! I love it though!