Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sberry

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
So has anyone on here bought cards on eBay from Greg Morris Sports Cards? I recently purchased a 1958 Topps AS Eddie Mathew’s from him that was listed as a set break in Nm/Mt, well after examining the card and comparing it to another 1958 Topps AS it appears to be a fake. The pixilation is off, the card stock is no where close to same thickness, and it is definitely not real. I have been collecting for over 30 years and have come across lots of fakes but mostly of players like Mantle etc. here are some pictures, any feedback is welcome. It’s easy to tell the difference that’s for sure.

Attachments

• 920C7B2D-A301-4F6C-AA21-7121A7CFDE9F.jpeg
    920C7B2D-A301-4F6C-AA21-7121A7CFDE9F.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 49CEEE8F-767B-463C-A068-818FF3700FDC.jpeg
    49CEEE8F-767B-463C-A068-818FF3700FDC.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2D37454C-F84B-4A24-AF15-4DA35A213BBF.jpeg
    2D37454C-F84B-4A24-AF15-4DA35A213BBF.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 14
Interesting that someone would make the effort to make a fake of that card.

Try this test. Take your cell phone flashlight and shine it on the back of the two cards. LMK if the light shines through either of them. Depending on the results this may give you a hint at the genuineness of the one in question.

I have bought from him but a number of years ago......Seems like a pretty good seller..........As far as your images go, can't really see any problems..........Can you send it back if you're not happy with it?

So has anyone on here bought cards on eBay from Greg Morris Sports Cards? I recently purchased a 1958 Topps AS Eddie Mathew’s from him that was listed as a set break in Nm/Mt, well after examining the card and comparing it to another 1958 Topps AS it appears to be a fake. The pixilation is off, the card stock is no where close to same thickness, and it is definitely not real. I have been collecting for over 30 years and have come across lots of fakes but mostly of players like Mantle etc. here are some pictures, any feedback is welcome. It’s easy to tell the difference that’s for sure.

I have bought several cards from them. If you feel it's fake, they do have a pretty easy return policy. I had bought a Mantle they said was mint but it ended up have a small ding on the corner. I asked to have it returned and refunded and they did it without issue

All is good, so they are offering a full refund. I have collected cards for over 30 years and just had questions, they did say it’s likely a consignment piece. Anyways I appreciate everyone’s response, going to get myself a new list of cards for trade soon.

All is good, so they are offering a full refund. I have collected cards for over 30 years and just had questions, they did say it’s likely a consignment piece. Anyways I appreciate everyone’s response, going to get myself a new list of cards for trade soon.

Yeah, my Mantle was a consignment card also. I tried to see if the consignee would refund me partial payment and I keep the card but he didn't want to do that.

Yeah, my Mantle was a consignment card also. I tried to see if the consignee would refund me partial payment and I keep the card but he didn't want to do that.
Yeah, maybe I’m to cautious these days. But it is crazy how the hobby has exploded these past couple of years, I have been on a long 5 year break from the hobby. But recently am starting to get back into it.