Recent Pickup Thread November 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few tough pickups from the last week or so:

sc02a9d76a.jpg
sc02a9d76a.jpg
1998 SP Sheer Dominance Titanium #1/100
sc02a9841e.jpg
1998 Topps Stars Luminaries Gold #/50
sc02a8bfca.jpg
1998 Topps Stars Luminaries Gold Rainbow #/5
sc02a899a8.jpg
2000 Revolution Red #/63
sc02a9a1c4.jpg
2000 SP Limited #/100
sc02a963bc.jpg
2000 Aurora Pennant Fever Platinum Blue #/67
sc02a91e10.jpg
2001 SP Authentic Limited #/50
sc02a97437.jpg
2001 Pacific Cramer's Choice Styrene
sc02a8dd07.jpg
2004 Topps Clubhouse Patch Place #/25
sc02a93edf.jpg
2004 Classic Clippings Bat Rack Quad Gold #/10
sc02a9bea3.jpg

Last edited:
Another photo I can't copy (mac woes). Had to share this little steal though before I receive it. A great Gil Hodges auto that could make an awesome cut if one wanted to do so...for $55!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160376259003#ht_1462wt_941

The seller had a few more good deals, but nothing I needed or wanted at this time. I just can't pass up a sweet deal on deceased Brooklyn Dodgers though...ever!

Couple new Lee's
2008UpperDeckHeroesJerseyLightBlue3.jpg

2008UpperDeckHeroesJerseyLightBlue3.jpg

2008UpperDeckXMemorabiliaDLDerrekLe.jpg

Another photo I can't copy (mac woes). Had to share this little steal though before I receive it. A great Gil Hodges auto that could make an awesome cut if one wanted to do so...for $55!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160376259003#ht_1462wt_941

The seller had a few more good deals, but nothing I needed or wanted at this time. I just can't pass up a sweet deal on deceased Brooklyn Dodgers though...ever!

Very nice!
Now that I have a Snider and Reese, Koufax, Drysdale, and Hodges are next on my list of things to pick up if the deal is right.

here are a few recents, i've been wanting a LaMotta auto for quite some time now; picked this one up for less than $20 dlvd. (dirty top loader) .... I should've had the emerald version /25 of the press pass legends Theismann as well but I was scammed :mad: (on another board) - thanks, erik

scan0053.jpg

scan0051.jpg

scan0052.jpg

Sanders is possible. I will need to dig out the Sanders autos I have and check. I don't know his sig that well.

The cards spanned baseball, football, basketball, boxing and some olympians as well. Could be anything. The proset card of the White House certainly doesn't provide anything more than another question...why that card?

Haven't posted on these Official Recent Pickup threads in awhile so I decided to check this out...interesting read about the Mystery auto.

My hunch (since it's a White House card) was that the auto is of Dan Quayle. I took a look at the wiki page and it bears a very slight resemblance:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Quayle
Perhaps the former VP's signature got rushed in later years? Just a thought.

This week was a great mail week, I received some awesome freebies and want to thank those members for their generosity.

1. Andy (xcantgobackx) who PMed me after seeing one of my previous threads and told me he had met Ramiro Mendoza and got some IP autos at the time. He said he would send me one for my 90s Yankees Auto collection. Well, a few days later I open his package and am stunned to find not one, but three Mendoza autos!! He told me I could keep all three if I liked! Thanks Andy, that is very generous of you but I will only be keeping one and sending the others back.

mendoza.jpg

2. Thanks David K. for this awesome prize!

chipper.jpg

3. Yanks21 (Kevin) thanks for the Blue Soriano!

That were a lot of great freebies this week but here are some of my PC trades/purchases.

1999 Bowman's Best Refractor /400 (a trade all the way from Hong Kong!)
99bb.jpg

2000 SP Authentic Buybacks 1996 #ed/70
pon20001.jpg

2003 Sweet Spot Classics Autographs Yankee Greats Blue Ink
pon20032.jpg

I got these in the mail today.. I only paid $6 for both of them... the Bowman BV is $25 and it is first time I seen the red version of the card... the other patch is nice but it has crease from the patch.. but I still like it!!

Christopher

That is possible as well. I thought the White House card may have meant a non-sports sig. We may never know???

Deion Sanders is a close one too, but he makes his S into a dollar sign in the sigs I have seen.

Haven't posted on these Official Recent Pickup threads in awhile so I decided to check this out...interesting read about the Mystery auto.

My hunch (since it's a White House card) was that the auto is of Dan Quayle. I took a look at the wiki page and it bears a very slight resemblance:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Quayle
Perhaps the former VP's signature got rushed in later years? Just a thought.

Luckily I did most of my Dodger auto shopping in the early days of ebay or before...now it's downright expensive!!

I have numerous of most of the Dodgers, but there is always a special need/want on different items. Would love to have complete card runs with signatures for just about everyone.

Very nice!
Now that I have a Snider and Reese, Koufax, Drysdale, and Hodges are next on my list of things to pick up if the deal is right.

2009ToppsTripleThreadsRelicCombosSe.jpg
[/IMG]
2009ToppsTripleThreadsRelicCombosGo.jpg
[/IMG]
2008UpperDeckHeroesJerseyAutograph9.jpg
[/IMG]

Two more biggies for the 2005 TAA Chrome Auto set (and one for the Heisman auto set)
2005TAAChromeAutoKellenWinslow.jpg
[/IMG]
2005TAAChromeAutoHerschelWalker.jpg
[/IMG]

A bunch of pickups. I recently purchased a large lot from a guy off of ebay and picked up about 50 new bagwells for my collection. Here are just a few of the highlights:

img117.jpg
00 Revolution Red /63
img1160.jpg
img1150.jpg
04 Timeless Treasures Bat/Patch /19 (From a sale on the bench)
img123.jpg
03 Leaf Limited TNT /25
img122.jpg
03 AM Players Collection Gold /25
img118.jpg
02 Fan Club Credits /100
img120.jpg
97 Finest Refractor Gold
img121.jpg
97 Flair Showcase Row 1 Legacy /100

and the big one

img119.jpg
98 Donruss Crusade CTA Purple 25/100

Thanks for looking

Dan

Havent posted in these threads in a while but I did manage to hit a small local show today and pick up these for the Red Sox auto collection:

Lowell09AGAuto.jpg
Reddick08DonrussThreadsAuto.jpg

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:
A bunch of pickups. I recently purchased a large lot from a guy off of ebay and picked up about 50 new bagwells for my collection. Here are just a few of the highlights:

img1160.jpg

and the big one

img119.jpg
98 Donruss Crusade CTA Purple 25/100

Thanks for looking

Dan

I was going to say that the Showcase glove card was my favorite until I saw the last one. :D I've always liked those Crusade cards. Congrats on the great pickups!

3 more for the Habs Inks set, I paid more then I wanted to for the Bowman but it was only the 2nd one I've seen. Of the 10 left, only one will be under $100, 2 will be over $1000 and one will be over $2000.

HabsInks.jpg

Just 2 of the best defense men to play the game 38/50. Yes it is a bad scan.

DougRay.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.