Recent Pickup Thread November 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not seeing too many Topps Ring of Honor autographs, so I went and bid on a Luis Aparicio. Won it for $23 and change + s/h. Hopefully I am not convincing myself to pay too much for autographs that are not in fact hard to get.

got this dimaggio auto ;) and a great OPC / oddball lot of graig nettles from tpeichel (thanks) - the recollection auto is #d/48 - thanks, erik

scan0058-1.jpg

scan0057.jpg

scan0055-1.jpg

scan0056-1.jpg

A few recent pickups for the Jewish Players PC (haven't added to this collection in awhile)...
2004 Finest Jason Hirsh RC auto:
hirshfinest.jpg

1999 Upper Deck Retro Inkredible Gabe Kapler auto:
kapler99udretro.jpg

2006 Topps Chrome Ian Kinsler refractor auto (RC) #487/500...
kinslerautorefrc487-500.jpg

2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Jason Knapp auto #/999:
knappeeeauto.jpg

2006 Diamond Signatures Lou Limmer auto. Lou was 84 and the oldest living Jewish player at the time of his passing on Opening Day 2007 (April 1st). His only other certified auto is in 2004 Topps Heritage (blue and red ink versions), which I still need. :) Very excited about this pickup from VistaViper.
loulimmer.jpg

2 Eddie Zosky TTM autos from MrMopar...just a buck each! Sweet. :)
zoskyttm.jpg

It recently dawned on me that there are now cards of Jewish non-sports celebrities :D...thanks to Nick for these!

Larry King Private Signings auto #/200 and proof parallel #/250:
larryking.jpg

Leonard Nimoy Cinema Stars Shirt Swatch:
nimoy.jpg

To celebrate my going over 500 different Ryan Braun cards I picked up some nice ones for the PC

#04/10
2009SweetSpotSwatchPatchesTripleMIL.jpg
[/IMG]

My first button card...#02/04
2009UpperDeckBallparkCollectionJers.jpg
[/IMG]

And one of my new favorite cards #11/18
2009ToppsTripleThreadsRelicComboAut.jpg
[/IMG]

I bought a bunch of jay buhner and edgar martinez 90s inserts from a guy lately. Here are a couple of them:

super rave /25:
IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

May ebay this as I don't like the creases:
IMG_0342.jpg

This may go on ebay too:
IMG_0337.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.