Scotch tape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tankp

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I have to ask everyone what is this fixation with sending your cards packed in scotch tape? I mean people there are other means of sending cards with out having to ruin the tops load or even the cards they come in. If any one has receieved a trade from me. I wrap them in a neat little package. I use rubber bands or other methods to stay away from the tape. The tape is not making contact with the top loads of protectors I send the cards in.

Guys & gals use your imagination tape and paper is never a real good combination. I think the fact it also ruins the protectors we buy. Why do we have to use the word ruin with anything if it could be avoided? If it seems I am being picky well maybe I am. Or maybe we could use another method to rid us of tape and the word ruin. Thank you very much.

Tankp

I also agree,I found if a trader uses painters tape it does not leave any tape resadue and somtimes cheaper than scotch tape,Thats my 2 cents.

Jon

Last edited:
painters tape is much more expensive than scotch tape... thats why I use scotch tape... and when I send trades, I used recycled toploaders anyways... you will find the more you trade, the more "junk" toploaders and cases you accumulate so instead of throwing them out, I recycle them by using them again, thus saving money and the Earth... I honestly don't see what the big deal is with using tape... as long as you tape it shut well enough so the card doesn't slide into the tape (which I combat sometimes by putting the card upside down in the soft sleeve)

Nice conversation Guys and Gals. I am happy most of us need to find other methods to send cards. Ragtop your green pal hahahaha. I am only against the fact that people unnecessarily muck up the tops loads to being with.

im not a big fan of tape on the top loader... i put the card in a toploader then into a team bag and i have not had a prob with it... and a bag of a 100 team bags is only $3 so its about the same in price you would spend on tape and a less of a pain i think...

Nice conversation Guys and Gals. I am happy most of us need to find other methods to send cards. Ragtop your green pal hahahaha. I am only against the fact that people unnecessarily muck up the tops loads to being with.

I try my best to be green :p Yeah... I agree that people shouldn't muck up clean toploaders... sometimes i tae peels off nicely, so I can reuse them, but the oens that don't, those are the ones that go in my junk toploader box and I reuse them in trades.

I use tape to void the cards coming out of the toploaders, never thought much of it. I always get them with tape so I just re-use those that I get that are already like that.

I use tape to void the cards coming out of the toploaders, never thought much of it. I always get them with tape so I just re-use those that I get that are already like that.

I agree. I am not trading for Top Loaders I am trading for the cards in them. Most of the tape now does not leave a mess. My main concern is that the card stays secure in the holder.

Ok here is what the Chief does
I put the cards or card in the little plastice bag one or two cards.Then put them in a top loader or team bag then if it is a lot they go between tw used toploaders then use Maskin Tape to hold the toploaders in place also put Maskin tape on the team bag to keep anything from sliding out
That is how I send out all of my trades. Aroll of masking tape cost between 85 cents to 1. 40 cents depending on where you get it. A roll of Maskin Tape usually lasts me around a month or so.
Hope this helps you out
Thanks
Chieftazmisty

I buy those 720 count white sticker labels at walmart and take one
fold it in half and apply it to the tape. I then put the tape across
the top with a piece of paper over the top opening.
Atleast this way you have a little tab to pick up on and start
peeling the tape off.

Heres a demonstration of removing the tape
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/BRAZINTRACER/104_0190.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/BRAZINTRACER/104_0192.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/BRAZINTRACER/104_0194.jpg

I don't ruin toploaders, I even fix many up with Goof-Off, so ones that have tape are ones I am recycling. The best method for avoiding destroying a toploader with tape and yet make the card secure is to take a legal size enveope, perhaps from the junk mail you get every day, then cut a small strip off the end to slide the mail out, lastly using a toploader as a guide you can cut three perfectly sized sleeves to slip the toploader into. If you must you can tape the evelope sleeve around the enclosed toplader. I also can fit up to four penny sleeved cards, two a side of the toploaded sleeved card in one penny sleeve each. The toploader is there for support and yet the cards are secure, the weight is reduced, the toploader is spared, and I even can recycle a bubble envelope for a cut sleeve that can fit into a small payment envelope I can get as a box of 80 at the dollar store.

Would you be mad if someone shipped your card in a Wal-Mart bag because they were trying to save a top loaded and then your card was damaged? I bet tape wouldn't sound so bad then, lol.

Would you be mad if someone shipped your card in a Wal-Mart bag because they were trying to save a top loaded and then your card was damaged? I bet tape wouldn't sound so bad then, lol.

It's not an either/or, it's a question of what is necessary to get a card safely to the other trader. I know many people store in a toploader, so to ruin a perfectly good one with tape residue is a consideration, as is when tape attaches to a card edge, or even to those that go overboard with their tape and you have to risk damaging the card in undoing their secure taping job.

It's not an either/or, it's a question of what is necessary to get a card safely to the other trader. I know many people store in a toploader, so to ruin a perfectly good one with tape residue is a consideration, as is when tape attaches to a card edge, or even to those that go overboard with their tape and you have to risk damaging the card in undoing their secure taping job.

Thats why you use a penny sleeve, put it in upside down to avoid damaging the card :)

I'm not a fond recipient of Scotched Taped items either especially
when they've been around the block several times. The glue on most
of the types of tape I've received has broken down and left a sticky
residue. This has a chance of getting on the cards and is extremely
hard to get off.

When sending a small amount of cards I put them in soft sleeves and
then in a team bag, sealed and wrapped snuggly and then taped with
Masking Tape. I put that package between two hard top loaders and
then tape all four sides with Masking Tape. The tape doesn't leave a
residue and is easy to get off. I then mail in a bubble mailer.

My $0.02 worth.... Butch

What I find so funny is we have many different opinions about this subject. I knew we would get many varying view points. And none of them are wrong. People are expressing there own view. Believe it or not the trading is cool. But being heard and sharing these kinds of tid bits is just as good.
Keep them coming guys and gals.

Last edited: