Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woops... it's a '62, not '61. Just fixed it. I looked on Beckett and TCDB and neither list it as a true RC. Pretty cool that it's a rookie year card tho. Most of those Post cards are of guys that have at least 750 games played listed...
That Post Joe Torre look like it cme out of the scrapbook in pretty decent shape.

I know I am in the minority on this but I consider a Post Cereal card like the 1962 Torre a legit RC. Since Post Cereal is a regular, national issue and 1962 was the first Topps card for him, how could this not be considered a true RC? If this was from a small or regional set, I could understand that but it is certainly bigger than the 1963 Fleer set which has Maury Wills RC in it.

That Post Joe Torre look like it cme out of the scrapbook in pretty decent shape.

I know I am in the minority on this but I consider a Post Cereal card like the 1962 Torre a legit RC. Since Post Cereal is a regular, national issue and 1962 was the first Topps card for him, how could this not be considered a true RC? If this was from a small or regional set, I could understand that but it is certainly bigger than the 1963 Fleer set which has Maury Wills RC in it.
It came out ok, a few snips along the edges and a sharp blade down the back and voilà! Maybe I'll post some of his cards that didn't come out so clean... well they probably went in the scrapbook like that... One in particular may make u old-timers cry. And I say old-timers with respect.
As for it being a legit RC I agree... it's a licensed product with a full set behind it. Why is it that Panini can produce modern MLB cards unlicensed by MLB and them be considered true RCs? Sounds like a money deal was made somewhere... but I always think there's money involved with stuff like that.

Who is the current Andy Dalton? That is, who is the current baseline QB? Baker Mayfield? Daniel Jones?

I did not know about this guy until an article in the NY Times yesterday about a retrospective of his work. Turns out I have his only card.

64T Ernie Barnes (painter).JPG64T Ernie Barnes (painter) back.JPG

Here's the article - his paintings look extraordinary!

Now here is a name that is a blast from the past! A year or two after this card was produced I had a Junior High teacher who claimed he "discovered" Archie Clark. Since pro basketball did not have a big following in early/mid 70s rural upstate NY, the only student that could have possibly be impressed with this tall tale was me. And even then, I knew the story was complete B.S. THere were other big yarns by this teacher trying to impress us hillbilly kids but even the most niave among us did not buy his wonderous stories of athletic accomplishments. Nice guy, pretty good teacher but a complete story teller.

Thanks for the memories with this card Scobes. I am LMAO thinking of that teacher's fantastic, fictional tales.