Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A truely hard card to come across. My dad bought 4 sets from the back of The Sporting News back in 1984, one for each one of his sons. Since then I don't think I have ever been offered one of these. I know I had an extra Puckett Update at one time but I don't think I have come across another Clemens that I could acquire at a reasonable price.

My friend ran an LCS in my town from February of 2021 until August of this year when he unfortunately moved out of the area. The cards that came into his store were jaw dropping! He probably bought 6 or 7 Ripken Topps Tradeds, at least 20 Mantles, 2nd year Mays,and Aarons a Koufax RC and a beautiful 1972 Topps baseball set for starters. The one card he never had a chance to pick up was the Clemens (and the Puckett) 1984 Fleer Traded!!! That tells me something as to this issues scarcity

And I agree Clemens should be in the HOF. He was the oldest school like Bob Gibson was which gives him major points with me..

Yes, those 1984 Fleer Updates are pretty tough to find.

I was lucky enough to see Clemens pitch in person, back in 2005 when I was living outside of DC. He dominated that day, striking out 10 while allowing 0 runs on 3 hits over 6 innings.

It's a shame that the HOF leaves out some should-be-sure-fire Hall of Famers!

Scobes

For a school not known for baseball, Michigan State University has produced some notable players. They have a Hall of Famer (Robin Roberts), 2 NL MVPs (Kirk Gibson and Steve Garvey), 2 NLCS MVPs (Gibson and Garvey), an All Star Game MVP (Garvey), a Manager of the year (Gibson) a Cy Young Award winner (Mike Marshall) and last but not least the first and only ever full time picnch runner in Herb Washington! The latter accomplishment is something that may never be duplicated!