Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ok for todays card, Im going with one of my favorite rookie cards. It is non other than Gil Hodges

View attachment 78624hodgesrc by Darryl Crum II, on Flickr
I could not remember the member who had all that nice vintage on their site and who had a bunch of the 40s Leaf cards on it. Now I know it was you! LOL I remeber now.

Beautiful card! Im glad to see he FINALLY made the Hall. For decades his name was at the top of the list of players who should be in the HOF and after letting in so many questionable memebers in recent years, Gil finally gets his due.

Crap man, thats a Thome I dont have. Ill have to keep an eye out for one of those.
It's yours. That was the last card to finish that set, but they had 2 of them. I bought them both hoping that one was in mint condition. They both were except for centering. I'll post a free card. It is non standard size by the way.

I could not remember the member who had all that nice vintage on their site and who had a bunch of the 40s Leaf cards on it. Now I know it was you! LOL I remeber now.

Beautiful card! Im glad to see he FINALLY made the Hall. For decades his name was at the top of the list of players who should be in the HOF and after letting in so many questionable memebers in recent years, Gil finally gets his due.
I always felt Gil was deserving. In my opinion, it was long overdue!!

It's yours. That was the last card to finish that set, but they had 2 of them. I bought them both hoping that one was in mint condition. They both were except for centering. I'll post a free card. It is non standard size by the way.
Seriously? Thank you very, very much!! I owe you big!!

Seriously? Thank you very, very much!! I owe you big!!
I only paid $3 each for the Thome's. I'm glad that someone can appreciate it.

By the way, I love the Rose card. That was my first year of buying packs. But I'm sure I never have seen that card.

Also, a big McGwire fan. The 1998 season was a peak for me as far as seeing live games. I was at the game on Sunday September 6. McGwire had hit #60 on Saturday. But 61 didn't come until Monday. But what a great year.

Last edited:
1968 Topps Game set of 33. I have a full set, but I'm still needing an upgrade to the Mantle and Aaron to have an ex or better set. The ex meaning no creases. The Mantlle is not hard to find. I've stopped checking on a regular basis for now.

Rose.jpg