Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I opened a Walmart mega box and found 11 cards that had an unusual name on the back of the card. It turns out that is the format used for Latino people in their country. Althought I wondered if it's just the Dominican Republic. In addition, that naming convention was used for Latinos on the 1973 Topps Flagship set. The additional name is the mother's surname. It was news to me.
pujolsback.jpg
pujols.jpg

Last edited:
I opened a Walmart mega box and found 11 cards that had an unusual name on the back of the card. It turns out that is the format used for Latino people in their country. Althought I wondered if it's just the Dominican Republic. In addition, that naming convention was used for Latinos on the 1973 Topps Flagship set. The additional name is the mother's surname. It was news to me.
View attachment 83580
View attachment 83581
So basically like a hyphenation?

View attachment 83580
View attachment 83581

All of Latin America uses both their father’s and their mother’s last name everywhere and in every document (driver‘s license, etc.). Father’s first, mother’s second. No need to hyphenate.

All of Latin America uses both their father’s and their mother’s last name everywhere and in every document (driver‘s license, etc.). Father’s first, mother’s second. No need to hyphenate.
Thanks for the responses. I guess the US is slow to recognize the Mother's surname. It isn't very widely used in the US.