Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Man, those 1971 Kelloggs are the hardest ones to find. I might be wrong but I think the 1971s were the only ones not available in complete set form by mail or sold in retail stores like the 1970s were.

Speaking of Kelloggs cards one of my favorite memories was pulling a Bobby Murcer out of a box of cereal in 1970. At that time, Murcer was like Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig and DiMaggio all wrapped up into one. I traded it for a small fortune in cards on the school bus that day. Geez, I'd love to know the exact details of that transaction 52 years later!! I probably traded it for a bunch of Tigers who I was a big fan of back then.

Man, those 1971 Kelloggs are the hardest ones to find. I might be wrong but I think the 1971s were the only ones not available in complete set form by mail or sold in retail stores like the 1970s were.

Speaking of Kelloggs cards one of my favorite memories was pulling a Bobby Murcer out of a box of cereal in 1970. At that time, Murcer was like Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig and DiMaggio all wrapped up into one. I traded it for a small fortune in cards on the school bus that day. Geez, I'd love to know the exact details of that transaction 52 years later!! I probably traded it for a bunch of Tigers who I was a big fan of back then.
Maybe you got a Cash and or Kaline in the deal.

Maybe you got a Cash and or Kaline in the deal.
I'm certain a Willie Horton or two was in the deal since he was my favorite player. Trading cards on the bus was one of my fondest childhood memories.

Incredibly I met a guy this Summer who I traded cards with on the bus over 50 years ago. He recognized my unusual last name on my credit card and he asked if I grew up in the area. I said "Yes" and he told me he used to trade cards with me on our very, very rural bus ride. He was the youngest of three brothers, who along with several other kids traded cards on the bus daily. I was shocked he rememberd that since I assumed I was the only one who rememberd that. One of his older brothers was a big SF Giants fan and I traded all my Giants to him one day. I got home and was all depressed I no longer had any Giants and I stopped collecting for 2 years (71 and 72). I picked the hobby back up in 73 and have been at it ever since.

My obituary will read "Card collector from Fall of 1965 to Spring of 1971 ('cause he traded away all his SF Giants like a dummy) and then from 1973 to the day he died".

I ought to get started on writing that now! LMAO!!!