Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Somebody on here - Scobes maybe? - was looking for vintage Eagles of the '60s, which got me to thinking about Maxie Baughan. Baughan is the only 9x Pro Bowler not in the Hall of Fame in the history of the game (not counting a few slamdunk guys that are not yet eligible). That's just plain nuts.

64P Baughan.JPG

This is one of two I picked up this week...........My favorite up first, former Mets manager and all around nice guy..............I have four of these now: Fregosi, LaRussa, Scioscia, and now Jerry.............Only need 24 more............

View attachment 88434
Not sure who all is in the set, but you have a great start. I have never seen the Dodger card.

I learned of this set in the early stages of my Dodger auto pursuit. Johnny Oates has a card in the set (Rangers) and I figured it was his only certified auto. I never checked, but guessing it is. Thankfully I secured one at the time.

Those are a nice clean looking set and tough to find. When you do, they are not cheap. Lost out on a Lopes not that long ago when it went over $50. For Lopes, that is a fortune!

Not sure who all is in the set, but you have a great start. I have never seen the Dodger card.

I learned of this set in the early stages of my Dodger auto pursuit. Johnny Oates has a card in the set (Rangers) and I figured it was his only certified auto. I never checked, but guessing it is. Thankfully I secured one at the time.

Those are a nice clean looking set and tough to find. When you do, they are not cheap. Lost out on a Lopes not that long ago when it went over $50. For Lopes, that is a fortune!
The Dodger would be former Mets manager Davey Johnson; never seen one myself.........You're right about the Oates and Lopes.............If I could get them for $50 that would be cool.............Most folks want high $$ for them.............

Too bad what happened with him having a storke at age 30 at the height of his career. He really had hit his stride with 20, 18, 18 and 18 wind in the 4 years prior.

I had thought he had passed away years ago so I was surprised to hear of his passing a couple of years back. He really was a dominant pitcher whose career was cut short by a tragic medical condition.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online