Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oh really?? Didn't know that... thanks for the advice. It doesn't look bad at all in the CSG case anyway

Not sure about this grading co. When/IF I EVER get to have some cards graded by PSA I might send this one in... I keep saying I'm gunna get stuff graded but it's so daggon expensive!!
John Elway '97 Topps Mystery Finest Silver Refractor CSG 8.5
View attachment 99874
I think PSA is only $15 or $16 per card unless it his a high value level with it's grade I wouldn't send this card in beause a no name compnay gave it an 8.5, then PSA will probably be 2 grades lower

I think PSA is only $15 or $16 per card unless it his a high value level with it's grade I wouldn't send this card in beause a no name compnay gave it an 8.5, then PSA will probably be 2 grades lower
U guys give great advice! Ahhh... to be old and wise! 😁

U guys give great advice! Ahhh... to be old and wise! 😁
Also, be aware that CSG is not a no name company. They are #4, behind PSA, SGC and Beckett, although admittedly a very small market share.
Here's a video :

Also, be aware that CSG is not a no name company. They are #4, behind PSA, SGC and Beckett, although admittedly a very small market share.
Here's a video :
They are #4 only because they specialize in Magic the Gathering and Pokeman. They are very small when it comes to just sports cards. I've never seen a CSG sports card before and after seeing that video I now know why.

I was hoping that video discussed resale prices compared to PSA but it didn't. TC84's CSG 8.5 would be at least two grades lower than its PSA 8.5 counterpart as far as sales value. IF BVG is 2 grades lower than PSA then that card may grade even lower to a reputable collector or dealer.

I've compared BVG to a similar PSA card before and unfortunately for me PSA blows BVG away. I compared my BVG 6.5 1970-71 Topps Wilt Chamberlain to my old LCS owner's PSA 6.5 of the same card. Mine was not even in the same league as his despite equal grades. When it comes to resale value it is PSA/SGC and every other company is just sleeping in their world.

They are #4 only because they specialize in Magic the Gathering and Pokeman. They are very small when it comes to just sports cards. I've never seen a CSG sports card before and after seeing that video I now know why.

I was hoping that video discussed resale prices compared to PSA but it didn't. TC84's CSG 8.5 would be at least two grades lower than its PSA 8.5 counterpart as far as sales value. IF BVG is 2 grades lower than PSA then that card may grade even lower to a reputable collector or dealer.

I've compared BVG to a similar PSA card before and unfortunately for me PSA blows BVG away. I compared my BVG 6.5 1970-71 Topps Wilt Chamberlain to my old LCS owner's PSA 6.5 of the same card. Mine was not even in the same league as his despite equal grades. When it comes to resale value it is PSA/SGC and every other company is just sleeping in their world.
In terms of resale value, you are absolutely right. For some reason, the hobby is beholden to PSA. In terms of grading accuracy, PSA is wildly random.
From what I read, SGC is far more reliable when it comes to grading vintage.

In terms of resale value, you are absolutely right. For some reason, the hobby is beholden to PSA. In terms of grading accuracy, PSA is wildly random.
From what I read, SGC is far more reliable when it comes to grading vintage.
And now that PSA has bought SGC, they'll really have a monopoly on the industry.

This does serve Beckett right though. When grading first began Beckett's claimed their service was the premier product and they priced graded accordingly with "King Beckett" being worth much more than any one else. But as time went on it became obvious that King Beckett was becoming fat, happy and lazy. PSA surpassed them in quality of grading and now BGS abnd BVS are looked as lesser lights.

I remember Bill White as part of the stellar WPIX Yankees TV broadcast team along with Phil Rizzuto and Frank Messer in the 70s and 80s., White and Rizzuto pretty much had a running comedy show with Rizzuto being Costello to White's Abbott. Rizzuto constantly cracked White up with his hilarious banter. Bill always called Rizzuto "Scooter" and Rizzuto always called him "White". I'm not sure Phil even knew his first name.

I'm glad to see Bill White is still alive at age 90. What a class act he is.

This is just a cool card as the artwork goes. Mainly foil, just look for a few minutes you'll notice the artist did some cool stuff... yes flags, and Marvel... I could been on Big Bang Theory. I'd be the closet nerd that fronts as a sports fan.
'95 Fleer Ultra Marvel X-Men Hunters and Stalkers-Cable