Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That's only a 3? I know you can't see flaws all that well sometimes when the card is slabbed but geez.

I've been looking forward to seeing the grades you got on those cards especially the Ripken Traded and Henderson RC.
I thought it might get a 4.5. Boy was I wrong. There are no creases but centering and corners could certainly be better. As for the others, stay tuned. I was stunned by the Rickey grade that it came back with.

That's only a 3? I know you can't see flaws all that well sometimes when the card is slabbed but geez.

I've been looking forward to seeing the grades you got on those cards especially the Ripken Traded and Henderson RC.
I'll try and hurry that along... it only says post one at a time, not one a day! :cool:
George Brett '13 Topps Chasing History Holofoil Gold
53793932412_1a2b4a6768.jpg

Got this not because I like the Toronto Blue Jays, but because I like the actual bird. Call me weird but I believe that our ancestors come back as birds to watch over us and I think my Grandpa came as a Blue Jay. Every time I see one I think of him. We used to sit on his back portch steps and watch the birds fly under the big tree branches he had in his back yard to get to their nests... he had feeders and bird houses all over the back yard. The Blue Jay was our favorite. I have a Creighton Blue Jays hat I wear cuz it has a Blue Jay on it, I have a Toronto Blue Jays hat, I even have a tattoo of a blue jay in honor of him. So when I saw this I HAD to have it... RIP Hermie!
'24 Topps Heritage Blue Jay
53813973901_da54ba3d53.jpg

There you go! Now were talking! Legendary Cowboy in the old school uniform a couple of years before they became America's Team.
I remember when I was a kid I was so confused by the position designation. It just says End with no qualifier of Defense or Offense. There were Cornerbacks and Safeties that were designated Halfback (like Paul Krause or Jimmy Johnson), and you had Guards and Tackles (like Roger Brown or Bob Brown or Henry Jordan) but never knew which side of the ball they played on.

There you go! Now were talking! Legendary Cowboy in the old school uniform a couple of years before they became America's Team.
I love those jerseys! Not the knock-off ones they wear on Thanksgiving games So simple but just something about 'em says COWBOYS!! This is my earliest Lilly card... One day I'll have '61, '62, and '63...

IMG_190978135084693.jpeg

I love those jerseys! Not the knock-off ones they wear on Thanksgiving games So simple but just something about 'em says COWBOYS!! This is my earliest Lilly card... One day I'll have '61, '62, and '63...

View attachment 100073
You can only get his 1963 Topps RC and his 1962 Post Cereal the latter I do not believe I have. I have a lot of those 1962 Post Cereals and a pre rookie card of someone the stature of Bob Lilly I surely would have remembered. I will have to check on that but I'm not feeling very otimistic that I have that card.

Too bad the 2024 Olympics don't have a helmet throw since Bob Lilly would have been a medal contender. He threw his helemt about 40 yards in Super Bowl V when Jim O'Brien made the game winning FG.............and no flag was thrown. Gotta love the Old School!