Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crossing fingers that A/G has some good insert sets to chase after this year.

Also...been watching Shark Week, still haven't seen the host!
Really? I don't get that channel but seen a few commmercials. He'll be the main topic one of the nights for sure.
A&G really did nice work on that set Deep Sea Shiver and Birds of a Feather. Glad they aren't mini's... I noticed the shark set has a few mem cards, I hate to think what those may be!

Really? I don't get that channel but seen a few commmercials. He'll be the main topic one of the nights for sure.
A&G really did nice work on that set Deep Sea Shiver and Birds of a Feather. Glad they aren't mini's... I noticed the shark set has a few mem cards, I hate to think what those may be!

Sorry - it was a John Cena joke, since he is hosting it this year. Most of the predator and most of the historical stuff I have tried to build. I stay away from the relics though, way to pricey.

Sorry - it was a John Cena joke, since he is hosting it this year. Most of the predator and most of the historical stuff I have tried to build. I stay away from the relics though, way to pricey.
Oohhhh ya I did see him on one of the mercials. U know those big body building types are always the biggest scardy cats... like getting tattoos (so I've heard)
I just happened to see the set in another member's trade list and now I have 12 of the set Lol and 4 of the Birds of a Feather with 2 more coming.
Ya I bet those historical mem cards are a buck or two... probably pretty cool though. I'd hate to think that they would cut up some of Lincoln's or George Washington's clothes, though.

Welp... another day! I WAS going to post something non-Cowboys but I was doing some sorting and found these 2 cards matched up together. Romo and Dez did this to perfection, fade route to End Zone, get behind DB and throw a jump ball. Dez is going to end up with that at least 75 percent of the time. This looks like an easier one because the DB got turned around and didn't jump... Dez didn't have to either. All good! Throw up the X!! COWBOYS TOUCHDOWN!!!
53847097311_2562038368_z.jpg

Am I the only one left posting? Or am I the only one with nothing else to do??
Joe Montana 1981 Topps RC
View attachment 100481
NICE! The centering on this is pretty darn good considering 1981 Topps is notorious for centering problms.

Being an O.G. of card collectiing (I mean I consider 1981 Topps as "modern"), I distinctly remember the rookies that were sought after when 1981 Topps was issued. Joe Montana was not even on the radar! Billy Sims was the most sought after RC , followed by Kellen Winslow and Mark Gastineau. I know there were other player's RCs that were more highly prized and Joe Montana was just a common.

NICE! The centering on this is pretty darn good considering 1981 Topps is notorious for centering problms.

Being an O.G. of card collectiing (I mean I consider 1981 Topps as "modern"), I distinctly remember the rookies that were sought after when 1981 Topps was issued. Joe Montana was not even on the radar! Billy Sims was the most sought after RC , followed by Kellen Winslow and Mark Gastineau. I know there were other player's RCs that were more highly prized and Joe Montana was just a common.
That's just crazy to think about... that you consider 1981 modern. lol I guess it's in the same epoch as now so you're ok. I wasn't even being considered being made in to a person in 1981.
I got that card in a trade back when the BV was still around $100. It's tripled since I got it!

Am I the only one left posting? Or am I the only one with nothing else to do??
Joe Montana 1981 Topps RC
View attachment 100481
Ah, the 🐐 QB, with the name of my birth state! I don't care what anyone says, I will pick Montana over Brady, Rodgers, Favre, or any other qb. I still can't believe I received a box of 1981 Topps for my birthday that year and didn't even sniff this card. I did end up with about 4 Walter Payton's...however, I would have lost it anyway because about 1986 or so my brother and I decided that I would get all the baseball cards and he would get football and hockey and then any doubles we would have would go to the other. That ended real quick when he decided he was going to spend his money on other things.😄😄

Not card related and I wish I had one, there was a radio station in KC, when Montana was traded to the Chiefs came up with the idea that while Joe had just about everyone a guy could want, he didn't have a town named for him in Montana. They chose the smallest town in the state (Ismay) and they voted to change the name of the town in 1993 to Joe for a year. The decision was almost unanimous (48 to 1)they printed t-shirts and everything and I have seen one out in the wild and have seen 2 on sale on ebay. There was a SI article from back in the day, and the Billings Gazette did an update a few years back.

Not card related and I wish I had one, there was a radio station in KC, when Montana was traded to the Chiefs came up with the idea that while Joe had just about everyone a guy could want, he didn't have a town named for him in Montana. They chose the smallest town in the state (Ismay) and they voted to change the name of the town in 1993 to Joe for a year. The decision was almost unanimous (48 to 1)they printed t-shirts and everything and I have seen one out in the wild and have seen 2 on sale on ebay. There was a SI article from back in the day, and the Billings Gazette did an update a few years back.
An ugly ugly shirt! But cool story...

An ugly ugly shirt! But cool story...
Yeah this is the second different one I've seen, the other onw was the cowboy, and the state of Montana wasn't looking like a football field. Not sure that both are official and not sure how many years they sold shirts

Don Meredith 1968 Topps
View attachment 100589
I love how Topps kept using pics with the old Uniforms 3 or 4 years after they were replaced by the more wll known style. I'm pretty sure they continued this practice in 1969 as well (Meredith, Lilly and Chuck Howley for sure) with others like Hayes in more current unis. FINALLY Topps switched over for good.in 1970.........at least I can't think of any Cowboy cards that year in the old style jerseys.

Picked up these 3 HoVG (including The Marlboro Man) plus another 4 team cards and 3 commons from the 59T set at my LCS.
Only 15 to go to complete.

I'm guessing you are missing card #1 (Unitas) and the 2nd year Jim Brown. If not, you re in pretty good shape on this set.

Feel free to send me your want list and when I get a chance I'll see what I have for you on this set.

1 Unitas
6 Joe Schmidt
10 Jim Brown
15 Shofner
23 Bart Starr
29 Rosey Grier
59 Burroughs
75 Jim Ringo
76 Rams Team
80 Joe Perry
82 Hornung
92 Hunter
130 YA Tittle
155 Jim Taylor (which hilariously pictures the wrong Jim Taylor!)
176 Tracy

and that's it!
Thanks for looking, Jeff.

PS - I thought you might comment on The Marlboro Man