Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I always liked this card because it is from the set that Staubach's rookie card appears in. If memory serves Staubach appeared in 4 cards that year......his regular RC, an In Action card, NFC Passing Leaders and the one you just posted.

And miraculously, no Roger Staubach cards appeared in the near impossible to find 3rd series high numbers. There is a reason commons in that series book for approx. $20 or more!

Boy oh boy, the offensive stats were pretty bleak in this game. The only players to have decent statisical games were Cowboy running backs Duane Thomas and Walt Garrison. But then again, stats like those occur when the defenses are allowed to actually stop the offenses!!
The thing that kills me about pre 1982 Topps football is the fact that without the ability to have logos and they don't look incredibly cheap, like the panini/donruss baseball cards of recent vintage do. And how weird is it that Topps had licensing for basketball and baseball, but somehow not football.

The thing that kills me about pre 1982 Topps football is the fact that without the ability to have logos and they don't look incredibly cheap, like the panini/donruss baseball cards of recent vintage do. And how weird is it that Topps had licensing for basketball and baseball, but somehow not football.
I think Panini and Topps have an under the table deal where Panini takes licensing of NFL and Topps takes MLB. Just my crazy opinion...

Last edited: