Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

It's too bad that in 1966, there was still only one Cy Young award presented to all of MLB. Koufax was the winner but Kaat's numbers were right there... a comparison

Kaat
41 G, 41GS, 19CG, 3SHO, 0GF, 0SV, 304.666IP, 271H, 1227BFP, 29HRA, 114R, 93ER, 55BB, 4IBB, 205K, 9SH, 6SF, 12WP, 3HBP, OBK, 392B, 53B, 24GDP, 25 W, 13 L 2.75 ERA, 4.22 (RUN SUPPORT) 1.070 WHIP

KOUFAX
41G, 41GS, 27CG, 5SHO, 0GF,0SV, 323IP, 241H, 1274BFP, 19HR, 74R, 62ER, 77BB, 4IBB, 317SO, 11SH, 8SF, 7WP, 0HBP, 0BK, 382B, 53B, 13GDP, 27W, 9L, 1.73 ERA, 4.22RS, 0.98WHIP

so seeing the numbers side by side, Sandy did have an advantage in several key stats of the time, but still impressive seasons put up by both pitchers.
amazing numbers , both amazing seasons
2021 Topps heritage roa hn jim kaat
AU
87098h0j.jpg

I'm one of the few collectors that likes the Action Packed products and I know about the Braille cards and the 24 kt. gold cards but I've never heard of these Gold Braille parallels before! Interesting.
Ya I don't know anything about the set either... I have another Gold Mint card from a different year I'll put up sometime, and an all pewter card... and I'm with you, I like the Action Packed stuff too.

Michael Irvin '92 Action Packed Braille Mint Parallel Gold 109/500
View attachment 102090
Trading card database calls these cards 1992 Action Packed Mint. They did an entire parallel run of these which is incredible. There is no info if these were pack inserts (doubtful), or a special send in. Not many of these were pictured on TCDB so I am wondering if they were something you'd win one card at a time.

Does the back of your card look like the one below? Irvin was not pictured on thee site.

Trading card database calls these cards 1992 Action Packed Mint. They did an entire parallel run of these which is incredible. There is no info if these were pack inserts (doubtful), or a special send in. Not many of these were pictured on TCDB so I am wondering if they were something you'd win one card at a time.

Does the back of your card look like the one below? Irvin was not pictured on thee site.

This is the back of the Irvin... It's the goldest gold card I have. lol
53944720358_1c1ddff49e.jpg

This is the back of the Irvin... It's the goldest gold card I have. lo

This is the back of the Irvin... It's the goldest gold card I have. lol
View attachment 102136
From doing some quick research, I think only Irvin and Emmitt had these Mint Braile cards made. I checked Barry, Elway, Marino, the Dallas Cowboys and the New york Giants and only Irvin and Emmitt had those cards. There may be others but out of those two teams and those 3 players only the two Cowboys have the Mint Braile cards.

From doing some quick research, I think only Irvin and Emmitt had these Mint Braile cards made. I checked Barry, Elway, Marino, the Dallas Cowboys and the New york Giants and only Irvin and Emmitt had those cards. There may be others but out of those two teams and those 3 players only the two Cowboys have the Mint Braile cards.
Thanks for all the research you're doing! They may have done the braille on league leaders... check passing leader from '91 and maybe sack leader. If not that I don't know why Emmitt and Irvin got the braille...

I checked Beckett and there were 8 cards in the Mint Parallel set with braille on the back, and I'm guessing on their regular cards also: Mark Rypien, Warren Moon, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, Michael Irvin, Haywood Jeffiries, Pat Swilling, and Ronnie Lott...

I checked Beckett and there were 8 cards in the Mint Parallel set with braille on the back, and I'm guessing on their regular cards also: Mark Rypien, Warren Moon, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, Michael Irvin, Haywood Jeffiries, Pat Swilling, and Ronnie Lott...
OK now it makes sense. Those are the 8 guys who had regular Braile cards that were inserted into 1992 Action Packed Factory sets. Was there any info on how one acquired either the 288 cards in the Mint set or the 8 cards in the Mint Braille set? I've guessing thery were available though some special offer on the fsctory sets.

So the only true parallel set was the Mint cards. THe Mint Braille cards and the regular 24 Kt cards (like the Emmitts I traded you) were parallel sets but skip numbered and much smaller than the base set. And only the 24 Kt. Gold cards were inserted in packs as far as I know.