Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yes that 65 Philly card was funny which is another reason he stands out in my mind. Looking at the other Cowboys in the inagural 1960 Topps run I actually think Jerry Tubbs was the only one to play more than a year or two for Dallas. L. G. Dupre played for 2 seasons and after that he lived up to his nickname.............LONG GONE!!
Based on this, I went looking for 1960 Cowboys, and found this:
It can't be legal to use the design without permission, can it?

Based on this, I went looking for 1960 Cowboys, and found this:
It can't be legal to use the design without permission, can it?
That is a good question. I'm not sure about that. I do like the old logos like the Cowboys one and the Steelers one when you scrol down a bit. The Steeler's one is Chieftazmisty's avatar. Chief used to have the #1 avatar on the board but it was dethroned by your Richard Lumber one! LOL

I think the hobby is missing stuff like this now...1993 Milkbone series showing MLB Players with their dogs. Neighbor had a garage sale and i found this pack. Molitor/BiggioView attachment 102159
I have the Ripken one of these - great cards.
I agree... or those Coca-Cola Monsters of the Gridiron cards.
I have a handful of these just hanging out in a shoebox. Will try and find for my card of the day.

Nice I have Emmitt the Sheriff but that's it
For your next homework assignment, you now have to track down the Gold version of that Emmitt Smith. I've never seen the GOld versions of the Monsters of the Gridiron cards but there is a parallel set of them.

Another Monsters of the Gridiron set I have never laid eyes on is the 1993 30 card set. Plenty of 1994s but not one 1993! There is no gold parallel set to the 1993s. Emmitt and Tony Casillas are the only Cowboys in the1993 set if you ever want to track those down.

For your next homework assignment, you now have to track down the Gold version of that Emmitt Smith. I've never seen the GOld versions of the Monsters of the Gridiron cards but there is a parallel set of them.

Another Monsters of the Gridiron set I have never laid eyes on is the 1993 30 card set. Plenty of 1994s but not one 1993! There is no gold parallel set to the 1993s. Emmitt and Tony Casillas are the only Cowboys in the1993 set if you ever want to track those down.
That would be awesome to have! Never knew that about the Gold variants. But you and others here have taught me alot about different cards and variants so far...

Looked at ebay for the Gold Variant and they are super high! A raw Emmitt would probably be over 100

Here they are - the remainder of my 1994 Coca Cola Monsters of the Gridiron cards. Had no clue about the gold variants, but would have been nice to have a couple of those laying

Here they are - the remainder of my 1994 Coca Cola Monsters of the Gridiron cards. Had no clue about the gold variants, but would have been nice to have a couple of those laying around as well.

View attachment 102206
They're so bad they're good! lol

Back