Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NICE! I've really come to be enamored with the 72 set recently. I think it is a cool set with loads of stars (with the IA cards there are twice as many right off) and subsets, not to mention high #s. I consider 1980 and earlier vintage but for me 1972 Topps was the last of the real vintage cards.

Are you going to get that one graded? Man, the centering is awesome! Topps must have made a mistake as it looks to be a perfectly centered card! Quality control was probably called in to investigate after that card was cut! LOL

I am definitely considering grading this one along with the 65 Yaz I recently acquired. For me, the last true vintage set would be 1973. I say this because it was the last year topps released them in series that were harder to get as the series went up. 1974 started the single series releases.
NICE! I've really come to be enamored with the 72 set recently. I think it is a cool set with loads of stars (with the IA cards there are twice as many right off) and subsets, not to mention high #s. I consider 1980 and earlier vintage but for me 1972 Topps was the last of the real vintage cards.

Are you going to get that one graded? Man, the centering is awesome! Topps must have made a mistake as it looks to be a perfectly centered card! Quality control was probably called in to investigate after that card was cut! LOl

I am definitely considering grading this one along with the 65 Yaz I recently acquired. For me, the last true vintage set would be 1973. I say this because it was the last year topps released them in series that were harder to get as the series went up. 1974 started the single series releases.
I'd love to see the grades on those two cards if you send them in.
I'm torn between 72 and 73 Topps baseball for the line for real vintage. The series factor is definately the big factor. I think because the 73 Highs are not that scarce like the 72s, I lean towards the 72s. It is a hard call. The next line for me is 1980 through 73 or 72 is semi vintage for me. 1981 ushered in the era of Fleer and Donruss which makes that line easy to determine.

I am definitely considering grading this one along with the 65 Yaz I recently acquired. For me, the last true vintage set would be 1973. I say this because it was the last year topps released them in series that were harde to get as the series went up. 1974 started the single series releases.

Are you going to get that one graded? Man, the centering is awesome! Topps must have made a mistake as it looks to be a perfectly centered card! Quality control was probably called in to investigate after that card was cut! LOl

I'd love to see the grades on those two cards if you send them in.
I'm torn between 72 and 73 Topps baseball for the line for real vintage. The series factor is definately the big factor. I think because the 73 Highs are not that scarce like the 72s, I lean towards the 72s. It is a hard call. The next line for me is 1980 through 73 or 72 is semi vintage for me. 1981 ushered in the era of Fleer and Donruss which makes that line easy to determine.
In my mind, the official end of the vintage era was 1985. They started pumping out millions of each card from 86 on it seemed. I’ve got an 86 topps set in a binder. No idea when I did this or why. I probably had billions of them and said,” why not?” In 86’ I was working and had disposable income. I bought boxes and boxes of that stuff.

A nice run of Rookie Hofers and vintage superstars this morning with Scobes, TC84 and you!

BTW, I agree with you on 1985 being another line of demarcation in sports card history. 1986 slowly began the junk era period with the thought that Jose Canseco was going to be the greatest power hitter ever. I fell for that, buying tons of 1986 Donruss and 1986 Topps Traded becuse they had his only solo RC. Things really got carried away in 1987 where there were so many can't miss prospects in the varying products. Can't miss prospects like Wally Joyner, Kevin Mitchell, John Kruk, Rueben Sierra, Pete Incaviglia and on and on fueled this hyper demand for cards. A few guys like Maddux and Bonds made it but others like Bo Jackson, Rafeal Palmerio and Will Clark fell short of their expectations for a variety of reasons. But that glut of "prospects" and "suspects" really fueled the over production of the junk era.

Back