Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just jumping on this thread 220 pages in. Some cool stuff I've never seen.

I really only collected baseball as a kid (mid 80s) but am now mostly a basketball collector, with St. Louis Cardinals refractors, Memphis Grizzlies #d Prizm, and Florida Gators (my undergrad degree) across all sports as "always intrested" kind of stuff. Going to contribute random stuff to this thread.

First, maybe my favorite card ever for a myriad reasons. I pulled this myself the year the set was released (so either fall '00 or spring '01).

31dj0krsx450.jpg

Last edited:
Just jumping on this thread 220 pages in. Some cool stuff I've never seen.

I really only collected baseball as a kid (mid 80s) but am now mostly a basketball collector, with St. Louis Cardinals refractors, Memphis Grizzlies #d Prizm, and Florida Gators (my undergrad degree) across all sports as "always intrested" kind of stuff. Going to contribute random stuff to this thread.

First, maybe my favorite card ever for a myriad reasons. I pulled this myself the year the set was released (so either fall '00 or spring '01).

View attachment 102679
Coming hard with a banger to start. Nice!!

Very sad what happened to him after a HOFish type start to his career. He did however make a HOF which was the Broadcasters Hall of Fame. I used to listen to him and Joe Tait on Cleveland's WWWE AM station in the 70s. That station was a real flamethrower as it came in at night in upstate NY like it was a local station. THe Indians, the Cavs and the ever contorversial Pete Franklin was my night time radio entertainment "back in the day".

Very sad what happened to him after a HOFish type start to his career. He did however make a HOF which was the Broadcasters Hall of Fame. I used to listen to him and Joe Tait on Cleveland's WWWE AM station in the 70s. That station was a real flamethrower as it came in at night in upstate NY like it was a local station. THe Indians, the Cavs and the ever contorversial Pete Franklin was my night time radio entertainment "back in the day".

@SymphonicMetal

Yeah, he had 36 wins in his first 2 seasons, but only 19 over the next 6!

Scobes

Back