Spring Training Contest! **WINNER IS T.ROOSTER**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Well friends, Spring Training is FINALLY here! About half of the teams have their pitchers and catchers report today, the other half tomorrow, and then full squad workouts start Friday the 17th! I hear that many Caravan or Winter Warm Up activities were either a bust due to weather (STL cancelled Saturday's event) or were unsuccessful for collectors. So I am going to give some customs away, hope that everyone enjoys, and I will give some fun stuff away!

This contest goes today (St. Valentine's Day) through next Tuesday 2.21.17.

Two cards are up this time:

Mark Gubicza, with a piece of baseball leather signed:

And Ed Mickelson, a true gentleman who played for the Cardinals and Cubs briefly, and is best known as the player responsible for driving in the final RBI in St. Louis Browns history! (Fun fact: Ed made a career as a social worker after he retired from baseball, so he is close to my heart in that respect!!)

1-100, one guess per member per day, open to everyone!

God Bless, thanks for playing, and let the discussion begin!!

Kevin

Last edited:
How about #100? Definitely ready for baseball. Thinking about making the trip out to AZ for some Cactus League games. Thanks for the contest!

Start it off with the traditional number - #44.

Thanks for the contest, definitely ready for spring and baseball.

Have been to spring training twice, both times down in Florida - what a great time! Definitely a bucket list item for a baseball fan!

Numbers taken: 21, 29, 41,44, 100.

Never been to spring training myself, but several friends and family members have gone and said it is a great environment. My children are very small now, maybe as they get older! Have heard some people clean up graphing outside the parks, players will roll their windows down and sign for people as they go by!

i'll guess 10.
in other news, i'm in the social welfare program at ualbany and currently 2.5 years through! another 2.5 and i'll have the masters to the social welfare program at university at albany! great to see a baseball player a social worker :)

i'll guess 10.
in other news, i'm in the social welfare program at ualbany and currently 2.5 years through! another 2.5 and i'll have the masters to the social welfare program at university at albany! great to see a baseball player a social worker :)

Awesome Trevor, congrats, its a lot of work, but a very rewarding profession. I have changed jobs several times due to state of Illinois (state of confusion more like!) budget cuts, but really enjoy the schools I am in now, great job, and lots of flexibility! Lots of demand for good professionals too!

God bless,

Kevin

How about 45?

During the 90s I lived in Phoenix about 10 blocks down the road from where the Athletics train. Went there as often as I could and what made it especially fun was that most of the teams in the Cactus League train in the metro-Phoenix area so I had a the opportunity to see scores of games.

Those spring training games definitely had a different, more laid back feel to them when compared to the regular season.

Thanks for the contest.

Jay