Sweet Spot Auto Fading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basebal1fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I called Upper Deck, regarding a Sweet Spot auto that had faded and they directed me to send a scan of the card to [email protected]. I'm sure someone else on here has had the same problem with the Sweet Spot autos. Does Upper Deck tend to do anything about this specific problem, or should I not waste my time? Thanks! :D :D

I have seen A LOT of fading 2007 sweet spot autos, mostly due to the fact that they didn't use actual leather, instead it was some sort of plastic synthetic. You'll see the same thing on cheap baseballs. It's sad to see all of those nice autos fading.

Yeah, hopefully Upper Deck will do something to correct the problem. And if they do send a replacement, hopefully the same problem won't happen in two years or so when the new one starts to fade. In ten years, almost every single one of those autos will be faded and gone, it's pretty sad. I'll keep everyone posted in this thread on what happens.

Yeah, I can only imagine the feeling. The Willie McCovey/Jack Clark Sweet Spot /50 auto looked nice when I pulled it but since has become almost illegible.

What year is your card? I would be very interested to hear what they might do. I have one card I would love to get "fixed", but only if they could replace it with another signature of the featured player.

Mike Marshall, LA Dodgers, Pitcher

Needless to say, almost any other signature issued could be easily replaced, but not this one!

I called Upper Deck, regarding a Sweet Spot auto that had faded and they directed me to send a scan of the card to [email protected]. I'm sure someone else on here has had the same problem with the Sweet Spot autos. Does Upper Deck tend to do anything about this specific problem, or should I not waste my time? Thanks! :D :D

Yeah, his autos are tough to get! My auto is a dual, so it might be a different case with this one, but I'll keep you posted! The customer service rep said that I should get a response within 24 hours.

What year is your card? I would be very interested to hear what they might do. I have one card I would love to get "fixed", but only if they could replace it with another signature of the featured player.

Mike Marshall, LA Dodgers, Pitcher

Needless to say, almost any other signature issued could be easily replaced, but not this one!

I have sent several of these faded 07 sweet spots back to upper deck. They have either replaced them with a bat or glove auto. They should take good care of you.

The best thing to do is keep the cards away from light. (any kind of light) I pulled all of these except the Griffey
Harmon Killebrew 2008
Jonothan Papelbon 2008
Sean marshall 2009
and my first pull which was a redemption
Shannon Stewart 2004
all autos looks like they havent faded a bit.
baseballautos.jpg

Yeah but those never have any problems.. the problem was the 07 year leather.. the 08 and 09's were fine.. keep us updated.. I have an 07 Lincecum I'd love to switch

Chris

Huh, that's too bad. Yeah, I'd be interested to hear if you're able to get an auto of the same player back. Good luck!

Sending an inquiry via email can't hurt, so I just did as well. I'll share what response I get, if any, when I do. I sent a similar query through their site before and it was ignored!:mad:

I'd be interested in what they do for you as well. All my previous attempts to have my '07 Tino Martinez autos (one a Mattingly/Tino dual) went unanswered.

Steph

From Upper Deck:

Dear Customer,

We have set up a case number for you. Please mail in the damaged cards and we will replace those cards for you. Please put this case number on the outside of the envelope **** and mail in the cards to the address listed below and we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely, Customer Service

Upper Deck Co
5909 Sea Otter Place
Carlsbad, CA 92010