Sweet Spot Auto Fading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oh, that's very interesting that the gold autos don't fade. So, the Swisher should be OK then- thanks for the info! And yes, the CS reps were very nice. I've called them tons of times, and I always talk to a person within 15 minuted of listening to the elevator music. They're open Mon-Fri, at 8 am and if you call right at 8 (Pacific Time), then you will only be on hold for a matter of seconds. Good luck! :D :D

Thanks for the update. I have a few 07 SSC that are really bad now, one being a Brooks Robinson. I also have one of the 07 SS Signatures with a gold sig. It hasn't faded one bit. I think with the gold pen they used a different type of pen, maybe a paint marker, that is holding up very well. The other 07 SS that I have on bat or gloves are also holding up very nicely.
Once I see what some of the others get for replacemnets, I may send a few back.
Was it difficult getting someone on the phone when you called? Is there anybody actually still in thier CS department?

Thanks,

I don't think you could've ask for any more than what you got in return. And the gold ink on ball autos do look like it holds up for whatever reason.

Yah, it's very odd that the gold autos hold up. But, fine with me! Thanks, I'm pretty happy with what I got. :D :D

I don't think you could've ask for any more than what you got in return. And the gold ink on ball autos do look like it holds up for whatever reason.

So while it was snowing all day today, I decided to take a look at all of my Sweet Spot autos and see what thier condition was. I have 5 that are faded so badly that they are almost unreadable. Connor Jackson, Chad Billingsley, Al Kaline, Brooks Robinson, and my favorite redemption, a Cal Ripkin/Mike Schmidt dual auto. I gave UD a call and got a case number. I plan on taking some pics of the cards right before I mail them, and then what the replacements are when they arrive. I hope that they can make this right.

Has anyone had any luck in getting comparable replacements?

Thanks,

I'm sure Upper Deck will hook you up. I felt that what I got was very fair, and they have been good about this kind of things in the pas. Be sure to post here or make your own thread about how you did! :D :D

So while it was snowing all day today, I decided to take a look at all of my Sweet Spot autos and see what thier condition was. I have 5 that are faded so badly that they are almost unreadable. Connor Jackson, Chad Billingsley, Al Kaline, Brooks Robinson, and my favorite redemption, a Cal Ripkin/Mike Schmidt dual auto. I gave UD a call and got a case number. I plan on taking some pics of the cards right before I mail them, and then what the replacements are when they arrive. I hope that they can make this right.

Has anyone had any luck in getting comparable replacements?

Thanks,

So I sent my package today to UD. Here are pictures from this morning of what my Sweet Spots look like. I'll post the replacements when they arrive.

UDsweetspotBillingsley.jpg
UDsweetspotCJackson.jpg
UDsweetspotkaline.jpg
UDsweetspotBRobinson.jpg

And this one hurts the most:

UDsweetspotripkinschmidt.jpg

Thanks,

Can't wait to see what you get! I'm sure they'll hook you up, especially with the dual auto; that is a really nice one. Be sure to post what you get on the thread!

So I sent my package today to UD. Here are pictures from this morning of what my Sweet Spots look like. I'll post the replacements when they arrive.

Thanks,

haha very nice! Did you just get that from UD or did you have it?

That would be funny...imagine if Nick Swisher was UD's "designated" replacement auto?
I actually got it in a trade here, and later traded it to another Benchie.
I like the barrel cut autos. While the silver ink is unique, I think the plain ol' black sharpie looks better on the wood cuts, and stays more legible over time.
Just another example of the most obvious solution being the best one in the end.

I got a Nick Swisher replacement for a Maz Scherzer SPA auto they didn't make.. So I guess his 07 SS ARE replacements lol..

Gonna try a John Kruk and a Don Larsen replacement one of these days... If they send equal value I'll try my Lincecum

My DC shows that UD has my cards. Now comes the waiting game to see what they send as replacements. I will post what they send here when they arrive.

Thanks.

I should have kept my cards. I received my replacements today and I really need to give UD a call. I sent in 4 HOF autos (one card was a dual Schmidt/Ripkin!!!!) and 2 others. This pile is what they sent me. They stated that these are "Either equal or greater value". I'd really like to know who used what price guide to come up with this. Can someone get me a BV on the Jeter? I am going to ask for all of my originals back, as I would rather hav 4 HOF faded autos than this batch of replacements.

Let me know what you think. I know what I think.

TulowitskiSweetSpotreplacement.jpg
SizemoreSweetSpotreplacement.jpg
KinslerSweetSpotreplacement.jpg
JeterSweetSpotreplacement.jpg

Usually I am a big fan of UD, not this time.

Ugh.

I should have kept my cards. I received my replacements today and I really need to give UD a call. I sent in 4 HOF autos (one card was a dual Schmidt/Ripkin!!!!) and 2 others. This pile is what they sent me. They stated that these are "Either equal or greater value". I'd really like to know who used what price guide to come up with this. Can someone get me a BV on the Jeter? I am going to ask for all of my originals back, as I would rather hav 4 HOF faded autos than this batch of replacements.

Let me know what you think. I know what I think.

Usually I am a big fan of UD, not this time.

Ugh.

Is the Jeter a 5x7 boxtopper?

I would look it up for you, but amazingly, Beckett OPG is down again. The Jeter is nice, but it is not a Schmidt/Ripken dual auto. The others that you received are not, in my opinion, a fair replacement for the Robinson and Kaline. I have several that I want to send in, but now I may to re-think that plan. Not sure.