Sweet Spot Auto Fading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

just called 800-873-7332 and spoke with Greg as well. i'm shipping back these 2 sweet spots

2007 sweet spot classics juan marichal /125
2007 sweet spot classics don sutton gold stitch /99

not expecting a lot back on them but anything is better than these 2 wastes of space

will let everyone know what i get as well

Great, keep us posted!

just called 800-873-7332 and spoke with Greg as well. i'm shipping back these 2 sweet spots

not expecting a lot back on them but anything is better than these 2 wastes of space

will let everyone know what i get as well

Any updates from anyone? I know that there is a lot going on at UD these last couple of weeks, so hoefully thy were able to take care of you.
Post up what you got.

Thanks,

I spoke with Greg and emailed my list of affected autos to him on 3/9 and was advised that he was referring my "email to the director of customer service and I am waiting for further instruction." I got an automatic response on the 11th thanking me for contacting them. When I talked with Greg, he was concerned about the large number that I was returning. That turned me off a little as I was thinking that maybe I should not have bought so much of their product. I was not certain about his meaning with the statement, so I did not say anything about the comment. He was likely just thinking that it would be tough to figure out such a large exchange. I will probably send a follow-up message if I don't hear something by the end of next week.

Barry Urbanek - PogoCards

UD got my Sweet Spots on the 25th of February and I haven't received or gotten an email or anything

Chris

I sent mine about the same time and also have gotten nothing back (no emails, nothing).

What is keeping Upper Deck in business at the moment? Hockey? Nothing against hockey but that's never been the hottest sportscard.

I spoke with Greg and emailed my list of affected autos to him on 3/9 and was advised that he was referring my "email to the director of customer service and I am waiting for further instruction." I got an automatic response on the 11th thanking me for contacting them. When I talked with Greg, he was concerned about the large number that I was returning. That turned me off a little as I was thinking that maybe I should not have bought so much of their product. I was not certain about his meaning with the statement, so I did not say anything about the comment. He was likely just thinking that it would be tough to figure out such a large exchange. I will probably send a follow-up message if I don't hear something by the end of next week.

Barry Urbanek - PogoCards

I would've been concerned as well! Personally speakin, I was hot and heavy on that set as I was trying to complete the FULL gu'd set (only needed the Ruth) ... I traded/sold most of the autos for $$ towards the gu'd in the set (many hard to come by) ... I probably bought atleast 25-30 tins of the product; if I was sitting on as many fading autos as you are w/o a decent return i'd be PISSED! That said, best of luck!

I sent mine about the same time and also have gotten nothing back (no emails, nothing).

What is keeping Upper Deck in business at the moment? Hockey? Nothing against hockey but that's never been the hottest sportscard.

dont underestimate (is that one word?) hockey sales ... huge in Canada and Europe ...

I sent a follow-up email last weekend with my case number and only got the automated response that they'll respond in the order they got the request.

Nothing yet!

Nothing on my end either. I spoke with Greg and emailed him and have not heard back from anyone. Sent a follow-up email a couple of weeks ago, but have not heard back. Going to send another follow-up email next week. I would like to hear something one way or the other.

It took a while with me. When I started wondering if they just forgot, I called them and they looked up the case number and said that it was currently in the mail as they had just sent. Try giving them a call and giving them your case number. I'm sure you'll get an answer.

i got my replacements today. i shipped them
also shipped in a 2009 ud signature series letter auto brad miller /100 that was damaged

i got in return
2009 upper deck goudey dustin pedroia auto bv50
2009 sp legendary cal ripken jr jersey /50 bv40
2009 spx carlos zambrano patch /99 1 color bv15

i filed the claim on 3/9 so it took less than a month to replace. the 2 sweet spot autos i sent in only booked i think 50 total and the miller doesn't have a bv so don't know how i did. kinda bumbed they sent gu/patches to replace autos though

Yeah, that's very odd that they didn't send SS autos in return. Everyone I've seen has gotten autos for autos, but what you got is definitely better than a bunch of damaged, faded autos. The Pedroia auto isn't bad at all!

i got my replacements today. i shipped them
also shipped in a 2009 ud signature series letter auto brad miller /100 that was damaged

i got in return
2009 upper deck goudey dustin pedroia auto bv50
2009 sp legendary cal ripken jr jersey /50 bv40
2009 spx carlos zambrano patch /99 1 color bv15

i filed the claim on 3/9 so it took less than a month to replace. the 2 sweet spot autos i sent in only booked i think 50 total and the miller doesn't have a bv so don't know how i did. kinda bumbed they sent gu/patches to replace autos though

I just got my case number for (3) common faded AUTOs and I'm sending them in now. I'll be happy with most any non-faded common auto they return but maybe I'll get an upgrade!

Heading out for replacement: Josh Willingham, Brandon Wood, Sergio Mitre

All are the most-common, red stitch, blue ink varieties $10-$15 BV ea.

I'll let you know when I get the return shipment.
Cheers,

Michael

This was worth the wait! I sent in $35-$40 BV (junk, in the big picture - see message above) and received...

Holy %@^$, Batman!....

Griffey-Youkilis.jpg

I guess I got an upgrade, no?

:) :eek: :) :eek: :p

Griffey $80 - NFT (my first Griffey AUTO)
Youkilis $25 - who wants it? (I would have been happy with just this one!)

I guess it's a matter of timing...

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited:
Upper Deck Must have thought since Mitre was caught with PED's he was commanding Roger Clemens values.. lol
Thats a sweet Griffey.

Zac

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps