Thank You from the family of Trader Rich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich Jr.

I have traded with your dad a number of times. He was a really nice guy who thoroughly enjoyed taking your old cards and building quite a collection. I will miss him. I am glad to hear that you are going to keep his collection going. I am sure that it means a lot to him. I look forward to helping and trading with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad and your entire family.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your dad! I traded with him numerous times and he was a great trader on the Bench! He will be missed by everyone who knew him! God bless your dad, you and your family. Best regards, David

Last edited:
Rich Jr- Sorry to hear about your family's loss...I enjoyed my trades with your Dad and hope to do the same with you.

Henry

You have my condolences. Your father will certainly be missed...

Continuing in your father's hobby footsteps is a nice way to keep his passion alive and his memory in your mind. My father died when I was very young. Although we never collected together I have learned a lot about him through his collection.

I wish you and your family the very best in this difficult time.

Rob

Rich Jr, so sorry to hear your dad has passed away. I was lucky enough to have traded and talked to him on a number of occasions and he was always easy to deal with and had a great outlook regarding the hobby. I'm glad collecting gave him so much enjoyment these last few years--which also allowed us here to get to know and enjoy him.

If you have any questions about collecting, the hobby or his cards we are always here to help you.

I know what you are going through, friend. I lost my dad on the 26th of January. Your dad will be missed here on the boards, as he was active in discussions in the "Talk" sections.

If any of us can ever answer any questions about the boards, etc., please let us know.

Your family is definitely in my thoughts......so sorry for your loss.

Tim

Wow, I'm overwhelmed at all of the responses I've gotten. Thank you all for your kind words, they are very much appreciated. Hope to find out all of what my dad has in his collection and to live up to his reputation here.

Thanks again,

Rich Jr.

Rich Jr. & Family - I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of Rich. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. He was a very well respected member of this community.

Thanks
Craig

Rich,

First off thank you for letting us know. This is a sad reality of online trading or any online activity for that matter, when people pass away you rarely ever find out until much later, if at all! People come and go from these sites as interests and schedules change and some of us may notice someone not posting or trading over time, but may assume that person is busy or was taking a break from their hobby. We have had people drop offline for years, only to return later on like nothing had changed. I experienced this first hand a few years ago when a member I had traded with and conversed with from time to time disappeared for a period of time. This was unusual for him I thought, however also I knew this gentlemen was battling cancer and unfortunately confirmed with an internet search that he had passed away.

It's nice to know that friends and family members are sometimes aware and thinking of these "extended" families when a loved one passes. It's even nicer that they will take the time to come aboard and make a hard announcement like this and let those of us who may or may not have known your dad well that he is gone, but won't be forgotten.

I hope you come to enjoy the site as much as your father did and my condolences.

Curt

Rich Jr, I'm sorry for your loss. I had not gotten an opportunity to trade with your dad but I know his reputation was phenomenal. Here, we are like a family and when something negative happens, it hits us hard whether we know them well or not. I think it is great that you want to continue collecting and I'm sure that is what he would want you to do. Hope to see you on here in the future.

Curtis

Rich, I hope you find solace in knowing that your father had many friends in our sports card community. I am sorry to hear the news. I did trade with your dad once, way back on 11-13-2006! Yep, over 5 years ago he got 33 Mark Grace cards from me :) Funny how thin pieces of cardboard can connect so many people.
Don

Rich,
My deepest condolences to you and your family... Your family will be in my prayers.

Pete

Rich - Prayers to you, and your family. May God Bless you, and help heal you, in your time of need.