The "One" card in your collection that you would "NEVER" get rid of?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonprelude

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
The "One" card in your collection that you would "NEVER" get rid of?

What is the one card in your collection that you would never get rid of?

Why would you never get rid of this card?

For me personally it is my 1974 Topps Mike Schmidt. I got this card about 30 years ago. This card was given to me as a gift and I've held on to it ever since. After getting this card I decided to put together a Mike Schmidt collection, which I no longer have because as you endure adulthood their are times when money and other things are more important. But this card still stays with me no matter what. It's not worth much, so it wouldn't benefit me in selling it. The condition overall is probably VG-EX at best. Hopefully my wife will remember it and bury it with me when I die.

1974MikeSchmidtCard.jpg

I have 2 cards that fall into that category.

1976 Topps Walter Payton RC

My favorite player in all sports and I actually pulled it from a pack.

and

1961 Topps Ron Santo RC

Received as a gift from another Bench member, plus I have always been a Santo fan.

4 fall into that catigory for me
#1 my 2001 topps auto of Willie Mays. It was the last jumbo pack the store had and i got it just to help them finish the box
MAYSWILLIE.jpg
#2 my Griffey auto (well nuff said there)
GRIFFEYKENJRAUTO.jpg
#3 my mike schmidt autos. Pulled both of them!
SCHMIDTMIKE1.jpg
SCHMIDTMIKE.jpg

If I ever pull my finger out, so goes the whole dam and all the water behind it.

I'm in the same boat. Only things that would go would be the stuff that is not part of one of my main collections. The rest is "break glass in case of emergency."

Mine would have to be my:

1993 Ultra Michael Irvin Performance Highlights Auto

This was my very first pack pulled auto. My parents took me to the card shop to buy some packs and after I pulled it the owner offered me $120 for it and I shot him down immediately (hindsight is 20/20, and BV is now $30). I am neither a Cowboys fan or an Irvin fan, but this is a 1/1 to me, plus I have had it for 17 years now, since I was 10 years old!

mi.png

Thanks,

Jeremy

Last edited:
There are alot of cards in my PC that I could say"NEVER."
(thats why they're in there):)
Of course,if it came down to eating or a roof over my head,
etc.,then "NEVER"turns to"FOR SALE.":(
Ken

Mine has to be the one below. Only the 3rd certified I ever pulled and its of my all-time favorite baseball hero Hank Aaron. I guess it doesn't hurt to have the other guy on there too :)

aaron_mays.sized.jpg

I am in the same boat. The cards I have assembled are all valued to me, whether they are $1000 cards or 10 cent cards. If I started parting with them, then they all could go.

If I ever pull my finger out, so goes the whole dam and all the water behind it.

However, since I just scanned this card, I will show it off as one that ain't goin' nowhere! The cut could have been better, but it just goes to show why cuts suck to begin with!!

GarveyCollection0035.jpg

Mine is a 1966 Topps brooks robinson. My dad bought it for me at a flea market in Strasburg,Ohio when I was kid. It is n ot worth too much but it is just the memory that he bought that card for me. We did not have alot of money growing up and it meant a lot to me that he bought me that card. I still have ot to this day.

I have a few things but if we are only doing cards I would say My team Nfl Don Mattingly Auto card..But I have some other Auto stuff that would be very hard to part with...It was the first auto I ever Got of Mr Mattingly..I have alot more but this was the first..

This would be mine:

1983_topps_83_rc_ip_autograph.jpg

I got this card signed May 30 of this year in Nashville; it is the first time I saw Ryno in person, and, obviously, this is my first IP auto.

Tai

Mine is a little different. I like NHRA drag racing and my daughter and I would go every year to Columbus to see The Spring Nationals. We used to get a lot of auto's on cards and diecast cars. It was 1996 and there was a guy named Blaine Johnson and he was a low budget racer but was very competitive. We had cards of him and we were the only one's in his pit area and he stopped to sign our cards and talk for a few minutes. A couple of races later he died in a crash. My daughter and I were stunned and to this day we still talk about getting his auto. Thru moving about 6 times and even from Cali to Arizona to Ohio those are the only 2 cards I always keep.

Last edited:
Schmidt

What is the one card in your collection that you would never get rid of?

Why would you never get rid of this card?

For me personally it is my 1974 Topps Mike Schmidt. I got this card about 30 years ago. This card was given to me as a gift and I've held on to it ever since. After getting this card I decided to put together a Mike Schmidt collection, which I no longer have because as you endure adulthood their are times when money and other things are more important. But this card still stays with me no matter what. It's not worth much, so it wouldn't benefit me in selling it. The condition overall is probably VG-EX at best. Hopefully my wife will remember it and bury it with me when I die.

1974MikeSchmidtCard.jpg

Lost my brother in a fatal car accident in 2002 and a Mike Schmidt RC was put to rest with him.