Tri City Sports Mojo Preview (case hit)

Do you like the base cut auto design?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawelnj

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
I posted a thread a little while back when i got a preview box from tricity the card was not the best and i was thinking of investing in to the company as the 4th co-owner for about 3 months now! I been doing good at work with record profits for the summer which made me think and i went for it! Dont ask me how much i invested or how much the production actual cost of the set is because i wont tell you! We will just say the biggest card in the set cost over 3k to make and it hasent been annocued on the website as of yet! Hint it will be 1 of the biggest booklet cards in the history of cut auto cards!

Some of the promo designs where good and other where bad this design got the best review from people who got promo boxes!

I am asking for a honest opnions on this design and placing of this cut!

PLEASE VOTE ON THE POLL!

(this will be the base cut design for the product)

design2.jpg

Tri City Sports PL Copyright ©

Also we have done work on the checklist on the site! Which can be found below!

http://tricitysportspl.webs.com/checklistforproducts.htm

Are these cards being Marketed world wide? Just United States? Just Europe?

The card design pictured above is not awful, it still seems like a photoshopped image as opposed to a scan of an actual card.

Personally, I wouldn't spend a dime on this product, but I do appreciate what you are trying to do.

it is not the actual card its a sample as of right now!
We dont print untill 2 weeks but its always good to get involved in to something you like! It will be marketed to the U.S. and Euro with the Release

Are these cards being Marketed world wide? Just United States? Just Europe?

The card design pictured above is not awful, it still seems like a photoshopped image as opposed to a scan of an actual card.

Personally, I wouldn't spend a dime on this product, but I do appreciate what you are trying to do.

Last edited:
I like the top style of the card but I think the cut auto should be framed on all 4 sides. The current look gives you the impression of 2 pieces of cards tapped together.

Rich

I actually like the design.. But like it has been said, I would encase the cut in a border so it does not get damaged in any way

Just to let you guys know some cards are "incased" in borders others arent cause of the size of the cuts! Like some player's like Derek Jeter have a big auto and when we placed his sig in CS there was no way to place the border!

But i apreciate all the feedback on this! With topps trying to monolpize the market this relese might give them a run for cuts next year!

just make redemptions for a FULL check of dimaggo or who ever. rather have that and encased. than put 1/1 or whatere on the encase. 2 cents

I posted a thread a little while back when i got a preview box from tricity the card was not the best and i was thinking of investing in to the company as the 4th co-owner for about 3 months now! I been doing good at work with record profits for the summer which made me think and i went for it! Dont ask me how much i invested or how much the production actual cost of the set is because i wont tell you! We will just say the biggest card in the set cost over 3k to make and it hasent been annocued on the website as of yet! Hint it will be 1 of the biggest booklet cards in the history of cut auto cards!

Some of the promo designs where good and other where bad this design got the best review from people who got promo boxes!

I am asking for a honest opnions on this design and placing of this cut!

PLEASE VOTE ON THE POLL!

(this will be the base cut design for the product)

design2.jpg

Tri City Sports PL Copyright ©

Also we have done work on the checklist on the site! Which can be found below!

http://tricitysportspl.webs.com/checklistforproducts.htm

Okay, I voted no on the base design. Straight up, the design isn't bad, but with no licenses, no pictures, team names, logos, etc, I just can't get much into it. The misspelling of DiMaggio isn't helping

Then I went back to the homepage. I think the added information makes it WORSE. Typo after typo (relese vs. release). Screwing up name after name, misinformation... Ben Kinsley vs KINGSLEY... he won an academy award for Ghandi was nominated for Schindler's List, kind of like naming Harmon Killebrew as a Royal, technically true but not what most remember, Deniro vs De Niro, Niel Sedake -Neil Sedaka, Racheal Roberts? Do you mean Rachel Roberts? Ann Davis-Golden Girls? Are you talking about Ann B. Davis, who played Alice on the Brady Bunch? Joe Morgan in the vintage cuts and Joe D in the all Star cuts seems backwards to me. The whole setup reminds me of the aftermarket 1/1's on ebay. Your printer is only going to print what you give him, YOU need to make sure it's right, and judging by what we've been shown, that's a pretty tall order.

well i dont have the CPU web skills and my friends also dont have web master skills to make a website so as of right now we use my friends son to do work on the temp site while our offical site is in works with a Web Master! We print in 2 weeks so it gives us time to get all the spelling and design errors handled! Each Player lists them like Yankees would be "New York"

and in terms of a license topps wont let any other company "buy in" so we cant use logo's! There is a monoply in the baseball market!

Okay, I voted no on the base design. Straight up, the design isn't bad, but with no licenses, no pictures, team names, logos, etc, I just can't get much into it. The misspelling of DiMaggio isn't helping

Then I went back to the homepage. I think the added information makes it WORSE. Typo after typo (relese vs. release). Screwing up name after name, misinformation... Ben Kinsley vs KINGSLEY... he won an academy award for Ghandi was nominated for Schindler's List, kind of like naming Harmon Killebrew as a Royal, technically true but not what most remember, Deniro vs De Niro, Niel Sedake -Neil Sedaka, Racheal Roberts? Do you mean Rachel Roberts? Ann Davis-Golden Girls? Are you talking about Ann B. Davis, who played Alice on the Brady Bunch? Joe Morgan in the vintage cuts and Joe D in the all Star cuts seems backwards to me. The whole setup reminds me of the aftermarket 1/1's on ebay. Your printer is only going to print what you give him, YOU need to make sure it's right, and judging by what we've been shown, that's a pretty tall order.

Last edited:
well i dont have the CPU web skills and my friends also dont have web master skills to make a website so as of right now we use my friends son to do work on the temp site while our offical site is in works with a Web Master! We print in 2 weeks so it gives us time to get all the spelling and design errors handled! Each Player lists them like Yankees would be "New York"

and in terms of a license topps wont let any other company "buy in" so we cant use logo's! There is a monoply in the baseball market!

Then my advice would be take down the website until your official site is up and running. Get a 'coming soon' page. It screams 4th rate, and that is everyones first impression of your company. When you're messing up the names and credentials of the subjects you are using to sell your product, it makes it seem like a very shady operation, even if it isn't. If the people that are trying to sell me things are willing to try to use that to persuade me to spend my money, I'm running, not walking to the nearest exit with my hand firmly protecting my wallet.

I can appreciate wanting to offer a choice, but it's coming across as a late night idea between a bunch of buddies after a tequila bender.

Then my advice would be take down the website until your official site is up and running. Get a 'coming soon' page. It screams 4th rate, and that is everyones first impression of your company. When you're messing up the names and credentials of the subjects you are using to sell your product, it makes it seem like a very shady operation, even if it isn't. If the people that are trying to sell me things are willing to try to use that to persuade me to spend my money, I'm running, not walking to the nearest exit with my hand firmly protecting my wallet.

I can appreciate wanting to offer a choice, but it's coming across as a late night idea between a bunch of buddies after a tequila bender.

I am going to have to agree. The checklist looks great and the idea is great, but the presentation is flawed as of right now. A legit website is needed and is possibly the most important aspect aside from the actual product.

Also, PLEASE DONT CUT UP CARDS LIKE THE 1993 PINNACLE DIMAGGIO, OR THE WALTER PAYTON PHONE CARD CERT. AUTO! This is one of the biggest crimes that UD has committed, please don't continue it! I have no issue with cutting up a check, or a photo, but not an existing card!

The design is better than the last one you showed *, but still lacks the essentials to be an exciting issue. Unfortunately you can't provide those essentials (logo, photos, etc). It will settle in with the rest of the no license, boring cut products like Tri Star Signa Cuts, Historic Signatures, etc. Sure, a few people who beat the odds will land some really fantastic autographs at a bargain price, but the rest will be in a daze, holding Tom Cheney autos and wondering what just happened!!

There is usually some level of a market for this type of product, so you may be able to sell the product out, which is probably the #1 goal. Earning repeat customers will rely on the ability to deliver a decent product at a fair value. That remains to be seen. The price has to be high enough to profit, yet if the hits are not plentiful, the repercussions of bad hit after bad hit will rock your chances of selling another run/series/etc.

Good luck in making back your initial investment and maybe even making a few bucks, but I wouldn't count on it. Perhaps you can prove me wrong though.

The web site just feels like a bad ebay dutch auction!

* Which brings me to this question. You claimed that the Stengel you got was an actual card in a box of product you were given to review (an honest review that was not going to be honest, because your buddy owned the company and you got the box for free), although you were severely beat up by computer experts and novices alike who would swear the "card" was a photoshop image. You tell us now that you are an investor and the cards have not been printed yet.

Was the first item you showed us an actual card or was it merely a promotional design you were shopping as well as an advertisement for the product? I think if the story you fed us was just a sales pitch for the product, then that alone would lose my trust in your companies' ethics and thus I would not touch the stuff or support it. You'd have been better off just pitching the card idea and designs as an owner/investor w/o trying to convince us it was an unbiased review of a product you had no financial connection with.

If you guys are going to invest money in this sort of thing and want to be taken seriously...then by all means, spend a few bucks and hire you a kid from a local college to do your design and artwork...if you do this you will not only help out a local kid who could probably use the work, but you will get a much better design...this stuff you have put up so far looks like a few 40 year olds did it on some 1990's version of photoshop...and i'm not being a jerk here, just being honest...if you have invested money in this then you should really be concerned with how these look if you want to be taken seriously...you need to out-do Razor and some of these other people...there are public domain photos you can use to get around legal issues, any sort of ghosted image or generic period correct image of a baseball game/team/player would look much better...you need to get some pictures on there an layer over it and soften up the graphics so as not to detract from the autograph.

or at least that's what I think.

also if these are not PSA/GAI/or JSA authenticated then you are really going to have a hard time getting people to take them seriously.

and stop using "mojo"...thats a term that makes most people cringe.

Last edited:
The design is better than the last one you showed *, but still lacks the essentials to be an exciting issue. Unfortunately you can't provide those essentials (logo, photos, etc). It will settle in with the rest of the no license, boring cut products like Tri Star Signa Cuts, Historic Signatures, etc. Sure, a few people who beat the odds will land some really fantastic autographs at a bargain price, but the rest will be in a daze, holding Tom Cheney autos and wondering what just happened!!

There is usually some level of a market for this type of product, so you may be able to sell the product out, which is probably the #1 goal. Earning repeat customers will rely on the ability to deliver a decent product at a fair value. That remains to be seen. The price has to be high enough to profit, yet if the hits are not plentiful, the repercussions of bad hit after bad hit will rock your chances of selling another run/series/etc.

Good luck in making back your initial investment and maybe even making a few bucks, but I wouldn't count on it. Perhaps you can prove me wrong though.

The web site just feels like a bad ebay dutch auction!

* Which brings me to this question. You claimed that the Stengel you got was an actual card in a box of product you were given to review (an honest review that was not going to be honest, because your buddy owned the company and you got the box for free), although you were severely beat up by computer experts and novices alike who would swear the "card" was a photoshop image. You tell us now that you are an investor and the cards have not been printed yet.

Was the first item you showed us an actual card or was it merely a promotional design you were shopping as well as an advertisement for the product? I think if the story you fed us was just a sales pitch for the product, then that alone would lose my trust in your companies' ethics and thus I would not touch the stuff or support it. You'd have been better off just pitching the card idea and designs as an owner/investor w/o trying to convince us it was an unbiased review of a product you had no financial connection with.

If you guys are going to invest money in this sort of thing and want to be taken seriously...then by all means, spend a few bucks and hire you a kid from a local college to do your design and artwork...if you do this you will not only help out a local kid who could probably use the work, but you will get a much better design...this stuff you have put up so far looks like a few 40 year olds did it on some 1990's version of photoshop...and i'm not being a jerk here, just being honest...if you have invested money in this then you should really be concerned with how these look if you want to be taken seriously...you need to out-do Razor and some of these other people...there are public domain photos you can use to get around legal issues, any sort of ghosted image or generic period correct image of a baseball game/team/player would look much better...you need to get some pictures on there an layer over it and soften up the graphics so as not to detract from the autograph.

or at least that's what I think.

also if these are not PSA/GAI/or JSA authenticated then you are really going to have a hard time getting people to take them seriously.

and stop using "mojo"...thats a term that makes most people cringe.

Agreed- the first "Fake" box break was a joke & all you did was lie about it & say it was a box break, while it was OBVIOUS that the scan you showed wasn't a real card, but a sorry attempt at photoshop.
Good luck with the company, but I would NOT spend a penny on the product.

well i am not asking anybody to buy any of the products good news is a nice % of the print run has been pre ordered already so we are in a good direction! I hate how big name companys can charge what they want for products and have no competion! I know some people dont want to see other do well others dont mind but this will relese soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.