UD hooking me up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaplain11

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I busted a case of SP Legendary Cuts last June. I got the myster cut redemption and a redemptions for a Johnny Bench/Jay Bruce dual auto (#/25) redemption. It has been eight months almost so I figured I would see what was up. This is their reply:

"The Mystery Cut auto- We are currently authenticating all the cuts to insure that they are all authentic. Unfortunately, this process takes some time and we really do appreciate your patience in this matter. You may request a replacement for these cards, however I would suggest against it, only because I have seen some of the names that are in this set and they are great! A chance at one of these autos is a great opportunity.

Jay Bruce/Johnny Bench- I do not have an update on this card. We are still waiting for an athlete to sign. You may request a replacement for this card. Please send us 5-7 comparable athletes and/or your favorite teams. Once we have this information we can request the replacement.

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email. I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
The Upper Deck Company"

This is what I asked for: Frank Thomas, Ichiro, Albert Pujols, Manny Ramirez, Mike Piazza, Sammy Sosa, or Mariano Rivera. My favorite team is the Yankees. Not sure what I will get but hope it is good.

Dewayne

"We are currently authenticating all the cuts to insure that they are all authentic"....for some reason....:rolleyes: Good luck on the your replacement card! Best regards, David

Who knows. I already have a Bench so no real loss on my end if I get someone else. We will see which replacement I get and as far as the mystery cut goes...like you said David....:rolleyes:

Dewayne

Hope they take care of you...i think they should go above and beyond on these redemptions that drag on forever...I have zero sympathy for UD as far as that goes...it's hard enough to get a good box, then if you get a redemption thats any good at all you have to wait a year on it...if you are lucky to get it...then have to beg for a replacement for a "hit" that should have been in your box to begin with....outstanding!

sounds like a pretty nice deal... if they follow through... hope they don't exchange your dual au for a bernie williams/ brien taylor dual au :)

Who knows. I already have a Bench so no real loss on my end if I get someone else. We will see which replacement I get and as far as the mystery cut goes...like you said David....:rolleyes:

Dewayne

It sounds like some of you guys are not worried about the authenticity of cut autos. I think it's great that ud is making an extra effort to ensure authenticity (or at least make it look like they are) because they have made mistakes in the past and I would worry about buying something that is not cut from a check.

It sounds like some of you guys are not worried about the authenticity of cut autos. I think it's great that ud is making an extra effort to ensure authenticity (or at least make it look like they are) because they have made mistakes in the past and I would worry about buying something that is not cut from a check.

I think UD is truly working on the Mystery Cuts. I am hoping to get someone that will knock my socks off as most of the time I get the hose. Last time I got a Mystery Cut it was a Perry Como, #/3 if I remember correctly.

Dewayne

UD's idea of Yankees as a substitute for a replacement card? Kei Igawa. Trust me on that one! I've had two experiences where I've asked for Yankees and that's what I've gotten.

Steph

That's a load of crap on the Mystery Cuts. I know for a FACT that they buy their cuts already authenticated.

That's a load of crap on the Mystery Cuts. I know for a FACT that they buy their cuts already authenticated.

They do buy their cuts authenticated but put them through a second authentication process which I presume would do with the reputation for fakes they put out in the past. There is a decent list but no one that really stands out as uber-famous outside of a few with no baseball players on this years list. Whoever it is will more than likely be traded or sold.

Steph - My hope is they take into account the low numbered, HOFer dual auto and not send a Kei Igawa;) Maybe a sweet Brien Taylor or Chuck Knoblauch would work though;)

Take care,
Dewayne

Dewayne,

I have 3 of the Mystery Cuts cards in for redeemption. I waited and waited and got nothing. When I e-mailed about when they would be ready I was told the "were working on them". In December I notified UD that I would "exchange" them. Then I was told that the replacements would be shipped in a "few" weeks. I wrote back March 3rd and asked "how long do I have to wait?" This is the reply I got back:

"We are currently still working to get these cards replaced for you. Because of the value of these cards it is taking a little longer then expected. I am sorry for any inconvenience; we appreciate your patience in this matter. I hope you have a great day!"

So I guess I'll just keep waiting.....and waiting....and waiting....
I certainly hope it's worth the wait!!
Good luck with yours.

Gene

PS -- I sent them a LONG list of players I would accept as replacements.

Best of luck Gene! I hope you get a Triple Pujols/Griffey/Jeter auto/jsy/1 of 1 gold version parallel insert or something like that for each redemption. This is why redemptions are no good. Either have the card in the set when it releases or include it in a line later in the year if at all. Oh well.

Dewayne

I agree with you -- I HATE REDEMPTIONS!!!

PS -- I already have a Quad - Pujols/Griffey/Jeter/Guerrero jersey 1 of 1
Just my luck -- they probably made 2 of them!!!

Last edited: