USPS individual dropping off my mail.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Last Friday......tracking on 3 items purchased on ebay......indicated out for delivery! Walked out to the mail box and there was the mail truck sitting next to the large mail box for 16 houses...... I thanked person for getting my candy package delivered the day after talking to person.......person asked me was I looking for anything as person had placed letters into my mail box a few minutes ago....I asked person about the three new packages.....was told to my surprise that out for delivery did not mean it was in the person's mail truck....But person checked anyway..... and theres one bubble envelope......and a second bubble envelope and then a third large package........and then even another PWE..........person leaves to go to the next mail box.....I open my mail box and find about 8 letters....I'm thinking I'm screwed from now on as this person is my regular carrier! Best regards, David PS That is exactly what ......out for delivery means! Its in your mail truck! Well at least 99% of the time!

Last edited:
I got a bubble mailer last week that had two fifty cent stamps on it. I've been buying ebay postage that I have been taking the "thick envelope" option which charges me $2.84 for close to me and up to around $3.50 for the further zones. The Post Master told me that I could send the bubble mailer as a flat, which they charged be $1.20 each for 2 ounce bubble mailers. I'm probably the last one to find out about this. But if your not paying the "flat" rate (which is up one half inch thick) maybe you should look at it.

I think there is a cheaper route per the bubble envelope....however, I believe it has no dc on it.....I kind of let watching then as they move thru the states. But thanks for the tip! I do the bulk of my mailing from a third party that works with the USPS. Less crowds and less chance of catching it. The owner hires girls going to college to work part time for him doing the mailing part. Best regards, David

I have a great rapport with the post master and workers here at the local PO. Long ago I just asked what is the least expensive way to mail the bubble mailers if they are not mailed with tracking. I've probably mailed hundreds of envelopes for the $1.20 - and even less than that before the most recent price hike.

Long ago....is the key word........I can drop off mail at the third party office and as long as I avoid Mondays.......most of the time in and out within minutes....safe...... and this about 2 times a week. Mask is required and social distancing.......if It was my postal office....busy every time with lines........not very safe. Best regards, David

Long ago....is the key word........I can drop off mail at the third party office and as long as I avoid Mondays.......most of the time in and out within minutes....safe...... and this about 2 times a week. Mask is required and social distancing.......if It was my postal office....busy every time with lines........not very safe. Best regards, David
Benefits of small town America here in the Husker state. :) No lines and usually the only one at the window.

Some claimed it was all political.....its not.....I have seen it back by traders and the tracking of bubble envelopes.......it started to slow down about a week or two in July.......mail within the state remained the same as usually.....but anything going from state to state was slower.....pwe that use to take 6 or 7 days......now told 12 to 14 days... Had my first losted cards in a long time......they took the cards out of the large envelope and replaced it with another person letter! The envelope had do not bent and thanks written on it......whoever opened it and took the cards bend the large envelope twice as to say.......your welcome LOL. Best regards, David

Sometimes those show as postage due. I guess it depends on who is looking, checking or cares enough to bother. Nothing more irritating than having someone mail an item from their PO (they paid at the counter) and it arrives at your PO and they decide that there should be postage due. I fought the last one and never paid the due amount.

I got a bubble mailer last week that had two fifty cent stamps on it. I've been buying ebay postage that I have been taking the "thick envelope" option which charges me $2.84 for close to me and up to around $3.50 for the further zones. The Post Master told me that I could send the bubble mailer as a flat, which they charged be $1.20 each for 2 ounce bubble mailers. I'm probably the last one to find out about this. But if your not paying the "flat" rate (which is up one half inch thick) maybe you should look at it.

just got a couple like this too! And I usually use eBay. So have you tried it? Did you still send through eBay postage or just throw two stamps on it? Thanks for the info!

just got a couple like this too! And I usually use eBay. So have you tried it? Did you still send through eBay postage or just throw two stamps on it? Thanks for the info!
I took mine to the PO and they weighed it. I'm not sure if it matters what zone your sending to. I do know the one ounce ( which is a bubble mailer 4 in X 7 in cost $1.00 and the 2 ounce was $1.20. So I'm not positive how the extra ounce works either. I will try to find out more and get it posted. Thanks. Dave

I took mine to the PO and they weighed it. I'm not sure if it matters what zone your sending to. I do know the one ounce ( which is a bubble mailer 4 in X 7 in cost $1.00 and the 2 ounce was $1.20. So I'm not positive how the extra ounce works either. I will try to find out more and get it posted. Thanks. Dave
Thanks for the info. A 2-oz for 1.20 sure beats 3 bucks! Next time I'm going to try on eBay shipping -- I think that is just the first class "large envelope" setting...

Thanks for the info. A 2-oz for 1.20 sure beats 3 bucks! Next time I'm going to try on eBay shipping -- I think that is just the first class "large envelope" setting...
But be careful.....the large envelope was the one they opened and took the cards from! They did not touch the bubble envelopes. Best regards, David

Please let us know how that works out. I do some ebay sales and it's very convenient to print the label.

I'm still waiting for a card since I bought it in June that I really need for a 2012 Bowman Platinum Gold #d to 50 Refractor set (87/100 so far) that I am working on. I've dealt with seller a few times and have no reason to doubt him especially since he refunded my PAYPAL. There was tracking in it. He was told there were 3 UPS trucks in Kansas City that were quarantined and none of that mail that went to that location will go out any time soon as the mail trucks are in some warehouse with undelivered packages. Has anyone heard of anything like happening during covid time? Its not about the money . I just wanted the Billy Hamilton Gold #d tp 50 Refractor card for my set and there were only 50 of them made.