Waiver Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHauch

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Can someone help me with a question.

I went to put a guy from my 25 man roster down to AAA but he refused to allow me to do it (I knew he could). So I put him on waivers to make room on my 25 man roster but he is still on my 25 man roster. Do I have to wait for him to clear waiver before he comes off my 25 man roster? Can I just outright drop him to make room on my 25 man roster immediately?

I have a bunch of guys that will be out for a week or less and I want to bring up a player from AAA but he is taking up a 25 man roster spot.

Thanks for any help,

Ron

Since he is on waivers, you can drag him to designated for assignment as well which will essentially put him in a 'holding tank' off your 40-man roster until he either clears and is demoted, or returned to your roster.

As a rule of thumb...ANY time you place someone on waivers, stick them in DFA as well.

Since he is on waivers, you can drag him to designated for assignment as well which will essentially put him in a 'holding tank' off your 40-man roster until he either clears and is demoted, or returned to your roster.

As a rule of thumb...ANY time you place someone on waivers, stick them in DFA as well.

So that will clear him off my 25 man roster?

Ron