Walmart and Target

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I went to my local walmart to grab few things...for some force of nature with my cart leading the way..walked over the card section..to my amazement and total shock 1 lonely blaster of 20 Topps A/G remained on the shelf..so I Grabbed it stuck it on top part of cart..got the rest of the stuff I needed..quick;y checked out via the self checkouts..got to my car and said self "Lets rip this puppy here" first pack pulled a Johnny Bananas Framed Mini Auto....have absolutely no clue who Johnny Bananas is but there selling on Ebay for $100-$125---Even though cards are tough to find at retail stores because of the scam the vendors have going you may get lucky like I did..why was 1 left who knows but glad they did

I went to my local walmart to grab few things...for some force of nature with my cart leading the way..walked over the card section..to my amazement and total shock 1 lonely blaster of 20 Topps A/G remained on the shelf..so I Grabbed it stuck it on top part of cart..got the rest of the stuff I needed..quick;y checked out via the self checkouts..got to my car and said self "Lets rip this puppy here" first pack pulled a Johnny Bananas Framed Mini Auto....have absolutely no clue who Johnny Bananas is but there selling on Ebay for $100-$125---Even though cards are tough to find at retail stores because of the scam the vendors have going you may get lucky like I did..why was 1 left who knows but glad they did
Same with me. Went to a Home Depot to get some stuff yesterday. Saw there was a Wal Mart next door so I thought what the heck, had 4 value pack of A & G. Bought them all and pulled a Gavin Lux mini framed auto.

Good News! My local Target store.....several of the employees (two managers) were caught on security video........I was told that they were (Target) was only going to put the baseball, basketball, pokeman, etc,over $19.99 on Friday at 8:00 AM. So this Friday about 30 people were in line......people cut in line (my friend was holding me a spot...not right......so it grew to about 50. The product was put in the display case....but the basketball blaster by Panini ($19.99) were gone? The video shows a store manager with 8 basketball blaster by panini....in his hands and he walked up to another Target Manager and give him the blasters...he then did the self service and took off with them to his car.....later he came back and met with the Target Manager who gave him the 8 blasters....he gave him two of the blasters and some money. That Target manager later put the two blaster up for sale on his facebook site! Both Target Managers were reported and its seems they we're caught on the security camera! Both are being investigated. Best regards, David

Last edited:
Good News! My local Target store.....several of the employees (two managers) were caught on security video........I was told that they were (Target) was only going to put the baseball, basketball, pokeman, etc,over $19.99 on Friday at 8:00 AM. So this Friday about 30 people were in line......people cut in line (my friend was holding me a spot...not right......so it grew to about 50. The product was put in the display case....but the basketball blaster by Panini ($19.99) were gone? The video shows a store manager with 8 basketball blaster by panini....in his hands and he walked up to another Target Manager and give him the blasters...he then did the self service and took off with them to his car.....later he came back and met with the Target Manager who gave him the 8 blasters....he gave him two of the blasters and some money. That Target manager later put the two blaster up for sale on his facebook site! Both Target Managers were reported and its seems they would caught on the security camera! Both are being investigated. Best regards, David
Very disappointing! All for a quick buck...unreal

Thanks for the update David. I just went to Target this morning after being told that they would be getting a delivery. When I asked, they told me that they didn't have any and didn't know when a delivery was expected. Confused!

Good News! My local Target store.....several of the employees (two managers) were caught on security video........I was told that they were (Target) was only going to put the baseball, basketball, pokeman, etc,over $19.99 on Friday at 8:00 AM. So this Friday about 30 people were in line......people cut in line (my friend was holding me a spot...not right......so it grew to about 50. The product was put in the display case....but the basketball blaster by Panini ($19.99) were gone? The video shows a store manager with 8 basketball blaster by panini....in his hands and he walked up to another Target Manager and give him the blasters...he then did the self service and took off with them to his car.....later he came back and met with the Target Manager who gave him the 8 blasters....he gave him two of the blasters and some money. That Target manager later put the two blaster up for sale on his facebook site! Both Target Managers were reported and its seems they would caught on the security camera! Both are being investigated. Best regards, David
All over cardboard... Money makes people do crazy things!!

I went into my walmart yesterday to return something, and it just so happened they restocked. An employee there apparently bought all the prizm basketball before it made it on the shelf!! Nothing was done about it either!!

I was just happy I finally found opening day, and grabbed two blasters!

Thanks for the update David. I just went to Target this morning after being told that they would be getting a delivery. When I asked, they told me that they didn't have any and didn't know when a delivery was expected. Confused!
Each Target is different. Best regards, David

Was in nearby Target and Wal-Mart this morning. Not a single baseball card of any kind in either store. : (

Was in nearby Target and Wal-Mart this morning. Not a single baseball card of any kind in either store. : (
Ditto here! Even my hobby store....of the current stuff....only those expensive boxes from Topps Tribute at $500.00 for 6 packs with 18 cards.....but three autos and three gu cards! Best regards, David

Most of the Targets in the Milwaukee area have followed Meijer's lead and have cards available on Friday at 8am "to insure that all guests have the opportunity to purchase " and have a purchase limit, on first come first served basis. Walmart has no limits because all they care about is money. My problem with the posted limit is, those of us who actually have a job, miss out because at 8am I'm already an hour into my work day.

Dropped by Target (on my food run/Hon's Chinese food) and there were about 6 Donruss blasters (baseball) and a opened box of 2021 Topps...Took four packs (lefted about 6) used the self service and they upgraded the machines...appears the limit on packs was 3 per customer! So more good news! Best regards, David PS helper took one pack as the limit was only 3!

I know the Walmarts in my area stopped selling them...they stated the $5 profit wasn't worth all the fights and hassle they were causing.

I know the Walmarts in my area stopped selling them...they stated the $5 profit wasn't worth all the fights and hassle they were causing.
We haven't had any at my local Walmart in months either. Maybe that's why ours quit selling them too.

I literally have to get everything online.

Walmart, Target, Meijer, Walgreen, has nothing. My son wants some basketball cards so bad but there's no way I can front the $450+ a box.

Literally the whole Metro Detroit area.

I literally have to get everything online.

Walmart, Target, Meijer, Walgreen, has nothing. My son wants some basketball cards so bad but there's no way I can front the $450+ a box.

Literally the whole Metro Detroit area.
Just like the 8 Blasters of Donruss Basketball that disappeared....thanks to a few Target workers. Best regards, David PS another Friday ......but not going to Target to watch the madness......

I went to target this friday i got there about 7.30 am and i was number 30th in line. the 1st few guys up front, got there around midnight, right before 8 am a worker came out and took everyones name and number in her phone. when the store opens they will text two people at a time to come to the card section and pick up a max of 3 different items. they had a lot as i got a blaster of prizm basketball. a blaster of select football. and a fat pack of select football. i was very happy. as i was checking out the cashier told me starting april 30th you can only buy one item per day, sportscards or pokimon or magic cards. so if you were a flipper that buys in bulk. your not going to be a happy camper. Larry