Walmart and Target

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I went to target this friday i got there about 7.30 am and i was number 30th in line. the 1st few guys up front, got there around midnight, right before 8 am a worker came out and took everyones name and number in her phone. when the store opens they will text two people at a time to come to the card section and pick up a max of 3 different items. they had a lot as i got a blaster of prizm basketball. a blaster of select football. and a fat pack of select football. i was very happy. as i was checking out the cashier told me starting april 30th you can only buy one item per day, sportscards or pokimon or magic cards. so if you were a flipper that buys in bulk. your not going to be a happy camper. Larry
I can't believe people were lined up at midnight? Ridiculous!!!

I can't believe people were lined up at midnight? Ridiculous!!!
Its crazy.....I was at my local hobby store when it opened.......Picked up a bunch of Trout cards for future trades with Leon......and they had to two boxes of Football that just came in.....two people on both sides of me.....I want one the lady cried...and the other dad with kids wanted the other! A few minutes and they were out of the new football cards!! I was caught between them just trying to get owner to ring me up! Best regards, David

Its crazy.....I was at my local hobby store when it opened.......Picked up a bunch of Trout cards for future trades with Leon......and they had to two boxes of Football that just came in.....two people on both sides of me.....I want one the lady cried...and the other dad with kids wanted the other! A few minutes and they were out of the new football cards!! I was caught between them just trying to get owner to ring me up! Best regards, David
Collector's that are lucky to have a local card shop near them. may have notice the large mounds of retail these shops have, that are marked upped 4x and higher. is part of the reason of the madness that are going on at target and walmart. I know there are some folks that dont mess with retail with the ideal of supporting the lcs. all hobby shop only get so much from the distributors. afterwhich they pay marked up prices like us. so retail is the only thing left for them to sell after the hobby wax is gone. this hobby is really crazy at this time. Larry

Today...at Target buying new computer as old crashed...they had 15 to 20 blaster packs of Heritage. They also had an open box of opening day....plus a few hockey packs from Upperdeck
.....young guns....

At one of the Targets near me they added a sign to the limit of 3 each that says any item 19.99 and over will only be sold on Friday mornings at 8am, 1st come 1st served. Since I work M-F starting at 7am I have not made it there to see what they even have.

U will....My local Target store has a new sign! It use to say the limit was 3 packs.......Blasters were one per customer......today after visting USPS having mail held for pick up......Target sign was limit of 1 pack per customers! Noticed a cart in front of cards....it was packs were customers tried to take more than one.....waiting to be placed back on the hangers!! Best regards, David

I haven't seen any product over a year in the Detroit area 🤷. So I guess more of the same.

Last edited:
Still nothing at my local Walmart. I also wanted to add that @David K. is probably not far off base talking about employees taking them all, especially here at my store. I've never even seen another person buying cards. Nobody who works there seems to know when the vendor comes, but when a new product hits the shelves, somehow it's just an empty display by the time I see it. That wasn't the case before all this madness started. Before it was easy to find just about anything I wanted, and plenty of it.

There certainly could be folks buying them, and I'm just getting there too late, but if that were the case you'd think I would have met up with another collector at least once by now.