What do you guys use to organize your collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I keep my Tommy John collection on Beckett at: http://beta.beckett.com/organize/?u=5562321b-691b-4c6c-873a-1314c1e6427a&l=2045361, They do a wonderful job of making up a player list. I keep my want lists on Sports card fun on my scf page at www.sportscardfun.com/trader/MyCardLists.asp and I keep a listing of the sets that I have cards to trade from on my web page at: http://www.ktcardshop.com. I link them all together on my web page, making it necessary to only have one list in each category. Then I keep the whole thing together with a copy of the Card Collector Software circa 1994.

Ray

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've got about 20,000 cards that I want to get catalogued, but I don't really know which way to do it. I'm leaning towards an excel spreadsheet, but typing player name, looking up value, etc. would take absolutely forever. However, Beckett.com doesn't have any export function, so I don't really want to go that way either. Not really sure which way to go...

I am just like some of these other guys...Excel spreadsheet and use Beckett.com to update (copy and paste) my Nolan Ryan lists. Beckett online price guides have gotten rediculous! Anyway, I put over 25,000 cards, entered card type, team, name, set, etc...in Excel about 5 years ago while I was recovering from back surgery. Before my surgery, I arranged book cases around my hobby room, and had all the boxes at waist level...because I wasn't allowed to lift anything over 5-10lbs over my head or bend down...so it actually worked out. I couldn't do anything else, so I just sat at the computer all day sorting and entering my cards (while watching Sportscenter over and over again)...ha ha.

Just like everyone else said, do what works for you. Good luck with which ever route you take...but one suggestion, you might kick yourself if you spend more time thinking about it...ha ha, i'm running into that now with moving all my Nolan RYan memorabilia into my new "hobby room"!