What is the reason for this ya think? 1995 Ringleaders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks21

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I was happy to score this sealed 1995 TSC Ringleaders pack with Paul O’neill showing on Topps (my player I collect) and Bagwell on the bottom. This is pretty much how it was described. I know these where not the regualsr issue packs. I just figured that there was a couple of cards in there that they may have given the shops but when I received it today it seems the whole sub-set was in there. Bagwell is card number one and I know the O'neill is #20

My question is why would a company have a complete sealed sub-set? Does anyone know if Topps had a promotion with these or a contest? Are they for replacement sets? Anyone have any ideas?

popack.jpg

Nice pick-up! These were available in packs though. According to my out of date 2005 Annual that is. I know there were 13 Phone Cards in the set. It came in Regular, Silver and Gold. Does anyone have a checklist of what fronts (rings) are included in the set?

Thanks
Craig

EDIT: I just found out they made one for each All-Star Game between 1980-1994 in all 3 variations except for the 1988 & 1989 seasons which were not produced for some reason.

Last edited:
mintman2 - Thanks for the info! I just picked up all 3 versions of the 1981, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1990 & 1991. All the years Dawson was in the All-Star Game. (They didn't make them for the 88 or 89 ASG for some reason)

Thanks
Craig