what would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I got a Carlton auto card off E-bay from a seller that has 100% feedback. The card was like 6 bucks and I was charged $2.75 for shipping. (not bad) but then I get the package today with postage due. He put a 90 cent stamp on it and I still owed $1.00 more. I contacted the seller and asked whats up but would you leave a neg? I never had to do that and would hate to do that.
Thanks
Brad

Email the seller notify them that you received there package but there is postage due of $1.00 and he should refund you a $1.00 if he has a problem
with it..i wouldn't give him negative feedback since there wasn't any problem with the card..but would give him neutral feedback.

I would wait until you hear back from them before leaving feedback. See if they give you a refund for the $1 and then in your comment I would mention the postage due no matter what type of feedback you decide to leave.

I would wait until you hear back from them before leaving feedback. See if they give you a refund for the $1 and then in your comment I would mention the postage due no matter what type of feedback you decide to leave.

i concur......definitely give the seller a chance to make things right before leaving a negative , but also definitely point out his poor shipping practice in your comments....

Yea. i will wait. if he blows me off i dont know what to do. if he makes things right i will leave positive either with no comment or postage was due.

i concur......definitely give the seller a chance to make things right before leaving a negative , but also definitely point out his poor shipping practice in your comments....

Oh yea. With 100% i figure i give him a chance. i never had to leave Neg. even with a few problems before.

if he blows me off i dont know what to do.

That's easy. Without question, blow off = BIG FAT NEG and 1's on all stars.

If you're feeling particularly vengeful and want to "teach them a lesson" you could keep the card and file a non receipt of item dispute. Though if you go that route I'd suggest then dropping the money in a salvation army red kettle or something similar.

That's easy. Without question, blow off = BIG FAT NEG and 1's on all stars.

If you're feeling particularly vengeful and want to "teach them a lesson" you could keep the card and file a non receipt of item dispute. Though if you go that route I'd suggest then dropping the money in a salvation army red kettle or something similar.

WOW this kind of feedback is NOT AT ALL what were about here on the Bench. Im suprised that someone with your experience here has offered criminal feedback, i say criminal becasue your talking of lying and theft. way out of bounds here.

If he blows you off leave negative feedback and file a complaint with Ebay and paypay and request they refund the shipping cost from his account. scan or take a pic of the envelope for your case. and by no means misrepresent yourself or the issue here. worst case is block the guy, and your out an extra buck. but im sure if you ahve a case paypal will make it good for you.

dave

WOW this kind of feedback is NOT AT ALL what were about here on the Bench. Im suprised that someone with your experience here has offered criminal feedback, i say criminal becasue your talking of lying and theft. way out of bounds here.
dave

I didn't say he SHOULD do it, I said COULD. You also have to take it in context.
I was responding to his query of IF the seller ignored him.

I have absolutely no problem when someone "takes advantage" of someone who ripped them off and because of the internet think they can simply ignore you and you'll go away. Kind of like if you told me how the crack dealer in your neighborhood stole your hubcaps and to get even you swiped his wallet, kept what needed to make you whole, and dropped the rest in the collection plate on Sunday. Technically a criminal act ? Absolutely ! Would I lose even a wink of sleep over it ? Absolutely not !

1 star on the S&H charges if not resolved....i wouldn't 1 star anything else because it had nothing to do with the shipping $1 you had to pay?

Another thing is, with the postal rates changing all the time now and with getting a different price from every clerk that checks you out at the post office, the seller might not know there is a problem yet...depending on how much they sell i guess? I'd let them know about and see what they say...might have just been an honest mistake.

yea i dont lie. I never left neg or neut before for anyone. This is why i gave him a chance to respond before i did anything. I didnt hear from him as of yet.
I would only hit him in the shiping part. The card was great and shipped fast and safe. Just didnt pay enough shipping. Just being he has 100% id hate to put a black mark on that for something he made a mistake on. Then again if he ignores me then i would be upset.

I would see if he refunds you the postage before leaving any feedback. I would leave positive or netural if he refunds the postage.....Netural or negative if he igornes you or refuses to refund the postage. Best regards, David

I didn't say he SHOULD do it, I said COULD. You also have to take it in context.
I was responding to his query of IF the seller ignored him.

I have absolutely no problem when someone "takes advantage" of someone who ripped them off and because of the internet think they can simply ignore you and you'll go away. Kind of like if you told me how the crack dealer in your neighborhood stole your hubcaps and to get even you swiped his wallet, kept what needed to make you whole, and dropped the rest in the collection plate on Sunday. Technically a criminal act ? Absolutely ! Would I lose even a wink of sleep over it ? Absolutely not !

My point is that even giving that type of feedback is not the type of feedback that promotes or inspires the integrity of the Bench. And theft is theft no matter what part of the dull knife you try to cut it with. Just please in the future remind me not to trade with you.

Dave

Ok he sent a message back saying he was sorry and will refund it. He didn't understand because all the other packages did fine. he used that automated thing at the post office. I don't trust them. I will leave positive feedback when the funds come back.

Last edited:

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online